Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daytona

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
milani

Thank you very much....now that is a great idea. I would zip mine up and do that, but I really don't think people want my music or ringers

SBG88

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2003
Cool, thanks. iPhone has maybe the worst selection of any phone since 1992.

milani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Thanks everyone! Ring Pack 2 should be out sometime in October! More rings, and loud versions of the rings currently available in this pack!

Cool, thanks. iPhone has maybe the worst selection of any phone since 1992.

Yes I would have to agree. I was pretty shocked with the choices to be honest, especially since Apple is shooting for the enterprise market!

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
I Know its not quite the same as a professional pack, but if anyone fancies having a go at making an 'IMAH FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!!' Ringer, i would give them 1 internetz.:cool:

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks, now all we need is about 50 more of these. :D Seriously, I absolutely hate musical ringtones, so the more normal rings, the better. Looking forward to vol 2 and please don't add any songs in there. That is what the ipod is for. ;)

iiqwertyii

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2008
I'm always weary of downloading things like this. Have you guys every had issues in downloading things that other people are sharing and found them to be corrupt or anything like that?

moniquetx

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2008
Dallas, TX
Excellent. I like the 'Classic Ring'. I recently did something similar myself with standard Motorola ringtones.

Just a suggestion for your upcoming ring pack. Could you make the new ones louder.

Just amplify the original mp3 files by 100% or 200%. I use vibrate mode a lot since I found that most of the ringtones are really low and I can't really hear them :):confused:

milani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
I'm always weary of downloading things like this. Have you guys every had issues in downloading things that other people are sharing and found them to be corrupt or anything like that?

If there was an issue with the files they would have long been reported by now. I give you my word that the files are nothing more than ring tone files - they're just specialized audio files designed to be recognized by iTunes as a ring tone. They're totally harmless audio files, with a readme text, in a zip folder. You have my word there is nothing malicious in the files, not to mention if there was, it would have surely been reported by now. It's quite safe, don't worry :)!

Could you make the new ones louder.

Just amplify the original mp3 files by 100% or 200%. I use vibrate mode a lot since I found that most of the ringtones are really low and I can't really hear them :):confused:

Don't worry, it's been suggested and it's on the list for Ring Pack 2 :)!

jsamuelson

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2008
Switzerland
Awesome work, thank you. Some sensible tones for those of us not needing 50cent's latest musings (as much as I like rap) or one of the frankly substandard Apple defaults as our ringtone.

Keep them coming please! Looking forward to the second pack.

GSA190

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2008
I just put them into itunes but I can't use them on my phone..whats the problem?

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
Can't wait to download these!

I would love the Blackberry's Calypso ringtone. :D The iPhone's are all basically sound effects more than they are ringers - I need something classic like that.

Cattywampus_

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2006
Hi there,

Can you please provide these in MP3 format so taht I can increase the volume to my prefered level and then encode them to m4r myself.

Many thnaks :)

milani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
I just put them into itunes but I can't use them on my phone..whats the problem?

As was said above by the other member, you simply have to make sure that your iPhone is being told to "Sync all ringtones" or whichever individual ringtones you want. Just click on your iPhone in iTunes, and then when it brings up the main screen with the graphic of your phone, and the phone's serial number, etc. just click on on the "Ringtones" tab, and be sure that the ringtones are checked off. Then when you sync, they will upload to your phone. If the rings were imported into iTunes correctly (literally just drag the unzipped m4r files into iTunes), then they should show up in the Ringtones tab in your phone's properties.

Note: although they might be checked off in the main ringtones tab in iTunes, you have to check them off in the iPhone specific tab, like you would do to upload music to your iPhone. Refer to the attached picture below:

EDIT: I also updated the main page with pictures to aid the instructions, so if anyone is having problems just make sure you follow the instructions as aided by the pictures.

Attachments

• howto.jpg
    howto.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 176

GSA190

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2008
When I try and play it on iTunes and a symbol popped on to the left of it and said couldn't play

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.