iPhone SE/5S owners - Power button question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheBrokenBee, May 29, 2017.

1. TheBrokenBee macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

I noticed something weird with my power button. If I press the right edge of the power button it takes slightly more effort and almost gets stuck too while the left side is the easiest to press. The button functions normally and there is no rattle but just curious if this is a normal occurance.

Thanks

EDIT : To check just press the button on the right edge vs the left edge.

2. pandi.ruvina macrumors regular

Did you drop it or something? Cause I already checked it, didn't find something weird with power button! Maybe it's just the way that you had been using it?

3. TheBrokenBee thread starter macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

Its brand new. Havent dropped it. Its slight difference not day and night.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

If it's almost getting stuck (Which it shouldn't be) and has an off kiltered depress on the right side, it's not normal by my experience. My SE never had this issue. Being your SE is brand new, I would take advantage of the return and exchange it for a new one. Unless you want to take the chance of it worsening over time.

5. TheBrokenBee thread starter macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

Use your nail to press the extreme right corner of the power button vs the left and let me know if it's the same.

It's not.

6. Relentless Power, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I wasn't disagreeing with you and I tested your theory as described previously. It's NOT normal . I cannot replicate your noted issue. Again, the power button should not be sticking. Return it or exchange it as I already mentioned.

7. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

OP said (paraphrasing) that the left side of the power button does not feel the same as the right side of that button (clicks differently, or something.)

8. TheBrokenBee thread starter macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

Sticking maybe exagerrrating. I'm just saying it's a different click. Right is a bit harder than left.

9. Moneoa macrumors regular

Moneoa

It's a common flaw with that model and body style going back to the 5. The power button will slowly start to sink on either side resulting in a hard click where the button is still good and a soft click where it's starting to sink I had a 5s that the power button started doing that and it eventually got so bad the whole button was flush with the housing. They will do a warranty replacement for you

10. Sunny1990, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

That user has sold his iPhone SE long ago (as he has mentioned here on Macrumors numerous times)

Coming to the topic i have both iPhone 5S and iPhone SE and none of them have that issues.Both Power buttons function normally. (Tested on both devices as you described avobe)

11. Relentless Power, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017

Relentless Power

And? This is irrelevant to the thread. Your Post is completely dismissive of my experience with the iPhone SE (Which I have lots of experience with) and ultimately doesn't contribute anything. I use the SE daily as a work phone.

12. Sunny1990, May 31, 2017

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

I use the SE daily as a workphone :- Relentless Power said

But here in this post you are telling me that you sold!! your iPhone SE because of poor display!!
    IMG_0212.PNG

That's why i stated in my upper ^^^post (no10) that user has sold his iPhone SE, i clearly said what you told me on that post,

Edit :- here is the link to that forum and it's a "iPhone forum" not Apple watch forum

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/from-iphone7-to-iphone-se.2040990/#post-24480153
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit :- And this post which you are referring to me is made today (Wednesday)and i posted my original ^^^^ post on "Monday" how would i know?? that on Monday that you have a work "iPhone SE"

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-toys-for-mom.2047793/#post-24622047
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Coming to the topic :- Again! OP i have tested your method on my three iPhones [iPhone 4S-iPhone 5S-iPhone SE] and nones Power button behave like yours.i will advise you to take it to your near Apple Store and have them look at the issue.

13. Relentless Power, May 31, 2017

Relentless Power

@Sunny1990. Again, you're wrong and before you quote me, you really should take the time to research the countLess threads that I posted on here regarding my experience with the iPhone SE that I have owned and use as my employment Work Phone.

You seem to be conflating and misunderstanding what a personal iPhone is and a work iPhone. I repeat...I cannot sell my work iPhone SE. And for the record, the links you provided prove nothing. Even so, how does this take away from my knowledge and experience with the iPhone SE? It doesn't and its irrevelant.

In any case, I offered my feedback to the OP in the thread, which it's not an unheard of issue with this body style.

--- Post Merged, May 31, 2017 ---
    You must have Missed this post entirely. I would encourage to read the previous posts before making judgement calls on here. This post reflects a discussion on another thread. I can't sell my work phone clearly. Here is the thread for your reference.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-toys-for-mom.2047793/#post-24622047

14. laudern macrumors 6502a

IMG_0677.JPG Has anyone had this issue with the area near the power button? I get light bleed from the flash when I use it as a touch.