iPhone SE - a sleeper?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Minuteman3, Apr 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Um ... what? Yes, you got it at that price due to a promotion. I was merely stating the retail price for each phone.

2. dcpmark, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016

dcpmark macrumors 6502a

How else is he going to be able to tell when he's stressed out from all the pressure???

3. mjschabow macrumors 68030

Just picked mine up tonight. Gonna give it a few days but my first impression is that 4.7 inches is the sweet spot. This just seems way too small.

4. Tig Bitties macrumors 68040

Tig Bitties

A 4" smartphone today just seems ridiculously small. I think 5" is the smallest I could go, but prefer 5.5" done with mini bezels like a G3 size.

5. acorntoy macrumors 65816

I appreciate the all day battery, but how much of that power do you use in the SE? I though about buying the SE until I realized that the only reason I wanted more power was to play better games and browse safari and such faster but then I realized that all of that would be significantly worse simply because of the massive screen difference.

Tldr; Have your phone habits changed since moving from the 6S+ to the SE? I feel like if I moved down even with the increase of power I'd stop playing games/ browse the Internet and just text/call with it.

6. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

How did people do all of those things for years with iPhones prior to iPhone 6?

7. acorntoy macrumors 65816

Not well, the screen size of the iPhone is a major reason I switched to android when the 5S was announced, I switched back when they finally announced the 6 and 6+. The SE I don't believe is for me, I was just wondering if the other user started using their phone less and iPad more as they stated they went to an SE when they got an iPad Pro.

8. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Certainly the case for some, on the other hand for many many others they went with iPhones and did just fine.

9. pojo1806 macrumors 68020

pojo1806

Ditched my 6S Plus for an SE + iPad Pro 9.7, couldn't be happier.

10. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I returned it after about a week aha. It's a lovely, little device. But for similar reasons to what you just mentioned, it changed my habits fully and I enjoyed the device as a whole much less than any other smartphone I've owned in recent years. All I was doing with it was texting and Twitter because nothing else was enjoyable on a screen that small.

11. luutukhanh49 macrumors newbie

luutukhanh49

Sameeeeeeeee. I went from my s7e to this little beast and still using my ipad air 2 for stuffs like game and movies! Perfect combination!