IPhone Sighting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dugs022, Nov 8, 2007.

1. dugs022 macrumors newbie

Is that an IPhone he's using? He's using it backward though.
    The screenshot from Bionic Woman on NBC.
    [​IMG]

2. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

what the...

is that to hide the apple logo or somthing?

3. spinstorm macrumors 68000

By the way the woman spy in chuck has an iPhone she is always using it! Hell I even saw the apple logo once!

4. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

If it was an iPhone, the screen wouldn't be on when he holds it up to his head.
    :)

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

That point would be valid if he was holding it the right way up. The sensor is above the earpiece speaker

6. ger-ethan macrumors newbie

On the last episode of House you could also see an iPhone:

[​IMG]

7. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

Seeing as this topic is referring to apple in TV shows, wonder if you could answer a question for me:

Why is the Apple logo always blacked out when their products are featured in Tv shows/Movies? don't see them doing the same with Dells or any PC maker, is it something Apple are enforcing themselves?

8. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

Actually they should always use HPs or Dells as they are the biggest suppliers to public sector and industry. Not very glamourous, but accurate!

9. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

Just tried to use my phone upside down and the screen still turns off so I stand by my point. :D

10. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

that sensor wouldn't be covered if you held it upside down.

11. Steck macrumors newbie

Anyone watch 'Without a Trace' on CBS last night?
    The character Jack Malone was using an iPhone in one scene. Apple logo was concealed by his hand the entire time. However, for the brief second it showed him removing the phone from his ear to end the call, the screen remained black. Apparently his works just fine being OFF. :apple:

12. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I actually met someone in the UK with a unlocked iPhone on Orange a few days ago. I was in John Lewis and I saw someone playing with the demo iPod Touch saying how cool it was so I whipped out mine to show off (I also noticed that iPod Touch was connceted to a WiFi network, and I wanted in on that!) when someone comes up and pulls out a iPhone and shows it to me, and showed off how it had all this extra stuff on it (obviously it was jailbreaked) I then proceeded to show him my SpringBoard with loads of 3rd party apps and iPhone apps on it... :D

Was great to meet the owner of another jailbreaked Mobile OS X device :)

13. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Good point, also they cover up the text under the screen on laptops (that say iBook, MacBook etc.).

Sorry for the double post.

14. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

The reason the screen stayed on is because the guy wasn't actually on a call. The screen stays on unless you're on a phone call even when you hold it up to your face. They probably had a blank web page or something pulled up on the screen during the shooting of the scene.

15. Atuin macrumors newbie

CSI Miami

CSI Miami (CBS) on Monday, Nov. 5 - horatio shows a video clip on his iPhone to an incararated felon to get him to help protect his son. I'm pretty sure the Apple logo is pretty clearly seen as he moves to show the clip. The iPhone is getting around...

16. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Tracy Jordan used on on last night's 30 Rock.

Tina Fey said, you need to dial before that works.:D

17. Atuin macrumors newbie

18. calvy macrumors 65816

This has to do with advertising, or the accidental free advertising that it provides. Often, with apple products, in movies and such, the editing crew is comprised of Mac Fanboys, and therefore, they are happy to provide free advertising to Apple. Other times, Apple has downright paid for the advertising, and thus the logo isn't covered up. But sometimes, none of the above happens, and the movie producers don't desire to give the advertising away, so they black out the logos. Same with Dell and the others. But with Dell, they are happy as hell to have one of their PC's displayed in a movie. So they'll always fork over the cash, I'm sure.

19. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

See, i've actually heard of it being the other way around...That Apple has to be PAID by whoever wants to use their products and show there logo on TV (true testament to how popular Apple products have become). I heard this a while back.

20. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Nope.

21. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

I just love those one-word, no justification responses....Their great.

22. Drarok macrumors newbie

23. cyberbolt macrumors member

They use iPhone's on Moonlight all the time. Beth defo has one, and I think maybe Mick St. John does too, although I'm not 100% sure.

24. thatdude90210 macrumors member

It's called "product placement." It's a form of advertising. Coca-cola company pays for it, PepsiCo pays for it. What makes Apple so special that others will pay to advertise Apple's product for them.

If that was true, I wouldn't be seeing Iphone ads 10 times a day. Or Ipod (edit) touch ads another 5 times a day.

25. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Good call. Much appreciated.