Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chowmein

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
I have a 1st-gen iPhone that I bought in February last year. I was using it today when it suddenly told me that the SIM failed! So obviously, I restarted my iPhone and then it worked again. Then it happened again. And again. And again.... No, I haven't jailbroken it or unlocked it or anything. [sigh] What do I do now? :confused:

yezza

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
Strangely, I had the exact same problem yesterday with my 1st gen 8gig. Pure coincidence, or... :eek:

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
I totally forgot about that! I'll try that when I have time to pick one up.

I'm pretty sure that AT&T or whatever carrier your on will just give you a new SIM card without any trouble. My friend was having problems with his Rogers iPhone SIM card. They replaced it on the spot. It's not a big deal at all.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I have a 1st-gen iPhone that I bought in February last year. I was using it today when it suddenly told me that the SIM failed! So obviously, I restarted my iPhone and then it worked again. Then it happened again. And again. And again.... No, I haven't jailbroken it or unlocked it or anything. [sigh] What do I do now? :confused:

SIM failed means that. Contact AT&T, its their job to give you a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.