iphone sold out, or not?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by farmermac, Oct 10, 2011.

1. farmermac macrumors 6502a

I ordered a 64gb white phone directly from Apple.com a few hours ago. It's now "preparing for shipment". I thought they were sold out and to expect 1-2 weeks before shipping? I am OK with waiting until whenever its available, hence my ordering today and not last friday.

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Hmm...

That explains then that they have the 64GB versions on hand. I guess the ones that were sold out were the 16GB/32GB?

3. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

From everything I am hearing, preorder units are now at 1-2 weeks. But hey, stranger things have happened. Maybe you'll get lucky and have it on launch. Good Luck!

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

There are 6 models of iPhone, so they can be out of some models and have others immediately available. Not to mention production capacity of 150,000 units per day, so "out of stock" is a very transient condition.

My upgrade eligibility is 11/7 so I'm hoping it's very stabilized by then :eek:

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

When they say the pre-ordered 4S units were sold out, they are talking about units that can be delivered by Friday.

If you do not care when you get it, no one is sold out and you can order from anyone. They will all take your money if you do not mind the wait!

6. Harrietb macrumors newbie

I ordered mine Sat morning and still processing :-(