Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I said they should find a way to make it work. Look at a normal GPS. There is no SIM card or any data connection in which you pay for. It's all done by satellites. I'm positive Apple could do this if they wanted to. Will they? Probably not. Why? Because they probably think the Find my iPhone app they created is God-like.

Maybe you should think about it for a while. It is possible.

Wow, yes they should find a way to make it work. :rolleyes: A GPS device receives location information from satellites orbiting the earth, it doesnt send out information.
Make it work how? Transmit data thru oxygen? think about stuff that you're posting before you do. I know some like you like to whine and complain about everything but at least learn a few things first before sounding absurd.
And then trying to mouth off to people that call you on your mindless posts...

iApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2011
Wow, yes they should find a way to make it work. :rolleyes: A GPS device receives location information from satellites orbiting the earth, it doesnt send out information.
Make it work how? Transmit data thru oxygen? think about stuff that you're posting before you do. I know some like you like to whine and complain about everything but at least learn a few things first before sounding absurd.
And then trying to mouth off to people that call you on your mindless posts...

All I'm saying is that the 'Find my iPhone' app is pointless. There are way to many flaws with the application, and therefore makes it useless in situations where it has been stolen. (Unless the thief in just an idiot, then maybe you'll get it back.)

If you're going to argue with me, please at least use proper sentence structure and grammar. I feel like I'm talking to a child, and it's very annoying to read.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
All I'm saying is that the 'Find my iPhone' app is pointless. There are way to many flaws with the application, and therefore makes it useless in situations where it has been stolen. (Unless the thief in just an idiot, then maybe you'll get it back.)

If you're going to argue with me, please at least use proper sentence structure and grammar. I feel like I'm talking to a child, and it's very annoying to read.

Dont assume that everyone that posts here is from the US and try to insult them due to grammar or typos.
And taken from the boards rules: Corrections. There is no need to point out another poster's spelling or grammatical errors unless you think it is causing confusion. Remember that not all members are native English speakers. Communication, not correctness, is our goal here.

Back to the topic the find my iphone feature is FREE, arguing about a free feature like that and saying its pointless doesnt make sense. If you dont like it, dont use it.
The find my iphone feature is to find missplaced iphones, not a full blown stolen recovery system like lojack is for cars.
Its great for what it does for FREE.
Have a good day.

iApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2011
Dont assume that everyone that posts here is from the US and try to insult them due to grammar or typos.
And taken from the boards rules: Corrections. There is no need to point out another poster's spelling or grammatical errors unless you think it is causing confusion. Remember that not all members are native English speakers. Communication, not correctness, is our goal here.

Back to the topic the find my iphone feature is FREE, arguing about a free feature like that and saying its pointless doesnt make sense. If you dont like it, dont use it.
The find my iphone feature is to find missplaced iphones, not a full blown stolen recovery system like lojack is for cars.
Have a good day.

1. I'm not assuming everyone is from the US. You're making an assumption that I am assuming. You need to stop assuming. I'm not from the US myself, so I would never make that assumption.

2. The rule you stated says "There is no need to point out another poster's spelling or grammatical errors." I never once pointed out an error. I simply said, if you're going to argue, you should use proper spelling and grammar.

3. The majority of 'lost' iPhone's result in someone finding it, and keeping it. If you get it back, that's great but it's a slim chance that will happen. But Apple (A well known Company that is known for making things work properly) is lacking in this category.

nastebu

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2008
Staples was no help? The police should be able to get the video of the crook taking your iPhone. That should help. :apple:

that's rich. even questioning if staples was of any help...

;)

The thing to do is to call the police, who will investigate, including asking Staples if there was a security camera. It won't actually help the odds of getting your iPhone back, but it might make you feel a little better. Stealing a phone is larceny, and can be charged as a felony. This is true even if you leave a phone somewhere and someone "finds" it. If you don't make a reasonable attempt to return it, it's theft (in the US at least).

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010

Have a good day.

You are correct in every way. Ignore iApples, the guy posts useless comments in every thread. And ALWAYS finds a way to argue over the silliest things.

Find my iPhone is great. It has gotten my iPhone back twice. Once by someone who stole it.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
You are correct in every way. Ignore iApples, the guy posts useless comments in every thread. And ALWAYS finds a way to argue over the silliest things.

Find my iPhone is great. It has gotten my iPhone back twice. Once by someone who stole it.

Almost as useless as this post. It has nothing to do with the OP.

As for iApples arguing, he's simply replying to an original reply. I'm not sure about you, but when someone talks back to you, you don't simply sit there and take an insulting post.

To the OP:
You should still be able to retrieve your contacts through a sync. It should work with any iPhone you use.

Last edited:

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
"Find my iPhone" is amazing if you lose your iPhone outside like I did. I left my previous 3GS at a friends backyard BBQ. Went through hell looking for it and finally gave up. I would have never looked in the yard again but "Find my iPhone" confirmed it was there.

Another time I left my IP4 inside a friends house. Even though "Find my iPhone" could only give a huge radius location from the towers, I actually lucked out cause that is the only person I know in that area and knew right away where I left it.

Just wanted to share that since some think "Find my iPhone" is garbage.

BTW: It's called "Find my iPhone" not "Track a thief who stole my iPhone".

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008

I hear you on that.
Judging by most of his posts I agree with you.
Mind as well add him to my exclusive ignore list, there's no point on wasting energy on people like that;)

iApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2011
I hear you on that.
Judging by most of his posts I agree with you.
Mind as well add him to my exclusive ignore list, there's no point on wasting energy on people like that;)

Please do. It has no effect on me. You'll join that Andrew dude on mine. Not going to lie, I've enjoyed not having to see his posts. Have a good day, as I'll no longer be able to see your posts. :) Take care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.