Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Responding to the "it is insane for anyone who like to take photo/video to get 16GB iPhone" part of it, saying that it's not really just "anyone" that falls into that.

Thanks dad for correction.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Here is a idea I'm going to pull directly from the pages of Apples history book.

16gb
64gb
128gb
256gb

The iPad 4 was sold with 4 different storage sizes. It was actually the first device to use 128gb which was neatly tacked onto the end...for 100 additional bucks.

Think about...Apple could charge 1050 usd for the iPhone 7+. That's like uhh 40 million dollars in China!

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Wasn't Samsung releasing some of their recent/latest phones without SD support (or a removable battery for that matter)?

The S6 did but the S7 brought back the Micro SD slot.
[doublepost=1456185666][/doublepost]
That is kinda silly but each has to make their choices. Hoping for a 256GB but will be happy with another 128GB.

Let us know how your Windows phone is working out for you.

Meh i want a 1TB storage option with my phone lol

Benny-

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2009
Berlin
That is kinda silly but each has to make their choices. Hoping for a 256GB but will be happy with another 128GB.

Let us know how your Windows phone is working out for you.

I believe another 16GB iPhone will be kinda silly.

No one mentioned Windows phones, I'd move to Android which is despite our usual prejudices is a good mobile o/s.

It's not a sticking matter of storage only as mentioned before it's a combination of things.

My needs have also changed I used to use my phone a lot more when I had my business, now not so much.

If Apple add some wow features to the iPhone 7 which I hope they do then I'll be onboard.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I believe another 16GB iPhone will be kinda silly.

No one mentioned Windows phones, I'd move to Android which is despite our usual prejudices is a good mobile o/s.

It's not a sticking matter of storage only as mentioned before it's a combination of things.

My needs have also changed I used to use my phone a lot more when I had my business, now not so much.

If Apple add some wow features to the iPhone 7 which I hope they do then I'll be onboard.

Kinda silly is saying you will leave just because of that. If 16 does not float your boat, get a larger size.

Benny-

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2009
Berlin
Kinda silly is saying you will leave just because of that. If 16 does not float your boat, get a larger size.

As mentioned before its a combination of things not only storage.

I've never purchased a base storage Apple device.

I just think that not increasing the base storage option in 4 years and leaving around 12GB of user accessible storage is a disservice to Apple customers.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
As mentioned before its a combination of things not only storage.

I've never purchased a base storage Apple device.

I just think that not increasing the base storage option in 4 years and leaving around 12GB of user accessible storage is a disservice to Apple customers.

I do not believe the Apple users are stupid, not is Apple. Let them make the choices. We are moving into tough times and even Samsungs latest phone is falling flat on it face. Apple has already adjusted it's 7 output, sales are going to be small in comparison but not due to the base memory.

geta

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2010
The Moon
Why ppl always complaining about the storage? its not that Apple only offers 16GB option, you got 2 other sizes, get the one that fits your needs and move on. Of course you need to pay for it, so maybe thats the problem, ppl expecting to get upgrades for free?? whats the difference between this and a car? if you want more options or bigger engine you paying extra…

Also, i never understand why ppl insisting of caring their entire music\picture\videos\movies\books library all the time with them, no meter how big the storage these days (with or without SD slot), its ways to small if i wanted to do so, for this i need 2-3TB storage in my phone…

After all its a portable communication and computing device, that need to fit my pocket and give me excess on the go while im far away from the office, work or home.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Why ppl always complaining about the storage? its not that Apple only offers 16GB option, you got 2 other sizes, get the one that fits your needs and more one. Of course you need to pay for it, so maybe thats the problem, ppl expecting to get upgrades for free?? whats the difference between this and a car? if you want more options or bigger engine you paying extra…

Also, i never understand why ppl insisting of caring their entire music\picture\videos\movies\books library all the time with them, no meter how big the storage these days (with or without SD slot), its ways to small if i wanted to do so, for this i need 2-3TB storage in my phone…

After all its a portable communication and computing device, that need to fit my pocket and give me excess on the go while im far away from the office, work or home.
People simply want more for less. That's more or less it. ;)

Number-Six

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2013
I really want to be wrong, but I think 16gb is going to be the base storage for a few more models

Unfortunately

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I can see storage going 32, 64, 128 at some point. Whether the 7 is that point, I couldn't say. It's been something I've been wanting for some time.

Beerstalker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2011
Peoria, IL
I think with the iPad Pro going with 32GB for the base model we may see the new iPhone 7 and 7+ do the same thing. To me the question is will they keep the 64GB and 128GB options at +$100 and +$200, or will the drop the 64GB and just have the 128 GB for +$150 like they do on the iPad Pro? I agree with the others that I don't think we will see a 256GB model this year, unless maybe next month at the supposed March event we see a 256GB iPad Pro added to the line-up.

I think the iPhone 6c/7 mini or whatever they call the 4" phone will probably keep the 16GB and 64GB options.

countryside

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
I think with the iPad Pro going with 32GB for the base model we may see the new iPhone 7 and 7+ do the same thing. To me the question is will they keep the 64GB and 128GB options at +$100 and +$200, or will the drop the 64GB and just have the 128 GB for +$150 like they do on the iPad Pro? I agree with the others that I don't think we will see a 256GB model this year, unless maybe next month at the supposed March event we see a 256GB iPad Pro added to the line-up.

I think the iPhone 6c/7 mini or whatever they call the 4" phone will probably keep the 16GB and 64GB options.
I agree, I think the 6c/5se/7mini will have the same options. But, the 7 & 7+ will have 32 as the base. I also can see the iPad Pro having 256.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012

That's a good observation. For me it doesn't change anything though I'm not getting the 32 gb iPhone anyway. I think the 100 markup will stay just because it's worked so far, unless Apple has a really terrible few months. But I doubt it.

Yeah iPad pro might be the first with 256gb.

Why ppl always complaining about the storage? its not that Apple only offers 16GB option, you got 2 other sizes, get the one that fits your needs and move on. Of course you need to pay for it, so maybe thats the problem, ppl expecting to get upgrades for free?? whats the difference between this and a car? if you want more options or bigger engine you paying extra…

It's funny because if the iPhone got 32 gb they'd just complain that it should start at 64 gb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.