Iphone stuck on Apple Logo!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chosenkill6, Jan 24, 2011.

1. chosenkill6 macrumors newbie

OKay, so i jailbroke my iphone and everything was working fine and then i unlocked it and in cydia when it asked me to reboot while rebooting it got stuck on the apple logo.I tried to put it into recovery mode so that i can restore but when in recovery mode when i plug it into itunes it does not recognize my iphone

can somone plz help me!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

how about provide us with some details? which iPhone? what kind of firmware? how did you jailbreak it? is it tethered or untethered. the more details the better for you. ;)

3. chosenkill6 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry for not being specific, rlly scared just got this and dont want to break it
    okay, so it is an iphone 3gs and it is on 4.2.1 firmware, and i am pretty sure that it is tethered. i jailbroke it using redsn0w. i upgraded the baseband so that i could unlock it. It was fine but when i installed repo666.ultrasn0w it rebooted and then got stuck at the apple logo :(

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

if it's tethered it needs to be plugged or connected and you need to run redsn0w it will ask you if you want to connect for tether. you only need to tether if you power the phone off or if you reboot. you can respring all day long. hope this solves your problem.

5. chosenkill6 thread starter macrumors newbie

I would rerun redsn0w but my iphone is refusing to go into dfu mode, it only goes into recovery mode :(

6. shawndre macrumors member

hey i can help you.

1. Phone stuck on apple logo, and make sure its plugged in

2. launch redsnow

3. select tether right now, press next

4. okay now the tricky part, turn off the phone with home and power button. as soon as it turns off, press the next button on redsn0w and do the dfu procedure.

i had the same problem and it worked for me

7. Steven Jobson macrumors regular

Why the **** would you upgrade the baseband to unlock it?

8. chosenkill6 thread starter macrumors newbie

You have to upgrade baseband in order to unlock it dont you? i read countless tutorials and they all said this.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

oh snap I missed you upgraded the baseband if you did a stranded upgrade with out preserving your baseband say 1.59. your say 03.10.01 it not compatible with ultrasn0w and you most likely crashed it. DFU restore would be your only hope and you won't be able to unlock it till a new unlock comes out/ most likely after 4.3 is released.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

where the heck are these tutorials it's the other way around. preserve basebands to unlock not upgrade them.

11. chosenkill6 thread starter macrumors newbie

so wat do i do now? plz help! i am completly lost

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

DFU mode to restore 4.2.1 you can either do custom firmware (redsn0w) or Apples. you can not unlock however till a new unlock comes out. you can not downgrade baseband after you upgrade. so no unlock for now.

13. chosenkill6 thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is that my iphone is refusing to go into dfu, it only goes into recovery :/

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

restore 4.2.1 then restore as new via itunes

15. chosenkill6 thread starter macrumors newbie

how do ii restore? my itunes is not detecting the iphone?

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

you said it was in recovery. can you power it off at all? keep trying to get it in DFU. using a incompatible is not good. if these tutorials told you to do this they are giving really bad advice. I am hoping you misread them.

17. shawndre macrumors member

Dude did you try what I said? That should have worked for you

18. labman macrumors 604

labman

Dude did you read the rest of what he did. he tried to use a incompatible baseband with ultrasn0w. ;)

19. shawndre macrumors member

20. IMADV8, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011

IMADV8 macrumors member

It sounds like you may have followed a guide on upgrading to the iPad's baseband. I'm not sure if that's the cause of your issue, but we'll figure it out.

To get your phone into DFU mode: Hold down both the power and home buttons until the screen turns off. Once that happens, wait a bit more than half a second and let go of the power button, while continuing to hold the home button. If the screen turns back on, start over. If it doesn't turn back on, you should be in DFU mode.

The important thing is to let go of the power button at the right moment. It's a bit difficult to get the timing down at first, but once you get it you shouldn't have any problems doing it again.

21. chosenkill6, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011

chosenkill6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much i will try your solution now :) hopefully it will work
    i finally got itunes to recognize my iphone but when i tell it to restore it gives me error code 1015 and says it was unsuccessful, i dont know if that helps or not

now it wont come out of recovery mode :(
    can u plz tell me how to take it out
    srry for being a noob

Alright i got it into dfu mode :)
    wat do i do nxt?

22. labman, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

Connect to iTunes restore as new. Add contacts photo's etc after. Oh and don't try to unlock it there is no unlock for the upgraded baseband. You have no choice but to wait for a unlock.

23. chosenkill6 thread starter macrumors newbie

24. dgamer84 macrumors regular

does it give you a specific error? You can also try using a different computer.

25. chosenkill6 thread starter macrumors newbie