Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benfilan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
Ireland
This may hve been discussed before, if it has, i apologise. but,

what do you think apples reasoning was behind the exclusion of MMS? it seems relatively simple to include, its in nearly every single contract and PAYG phone out there, so why not on the iPhone?:rolleyes:

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I don't know. None of the BlackBerry's I've used over last three years have had it either. :confused:

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
This may hve been discussed before, if it has, i apologise. but,

what do you think apples reasoning was behind the exclusion of MMS? it seems relatively simple to include, its in nearly every single contract and PAYG phone out there, so why not on the iPhone?:rolleyes:

........................ i got nothin...

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Either because they are lazy, or because they are completely not in touch with how most of their target market use their phones.

benfilan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
Ireland
Either because they are lazy, or because they are completely not in touch with how most of their target market use their phones.

apple, not in touch? they spent sooooo long planning and developing the iPhone. it just seems like such an obvious thing.

benfilan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
Ireland
I don't know. None of the BlackBerry's I've used over last three years have had it either. :confused:

but aren't blackberrys quite business orientated? i could see why a blackberry wouldnt support it, but the iPhone is being marketed at everyone.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
apple, not in touch? they spent sooooo long planning and developing the iPhone. it just seems like such an obvious thing.

With no real Exchange support, the iPhone is definitely pointed towards the consumer market - and the consumer market is who uses MMS the most. It definitely is an obvious thing to include.

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
There is no MMS support on the iPhone for a simple reason:

you can still do it through e-mail. Stop bitching and read ModMyiPhone..

http://www.modmyiphone.com/wiki/index.php/MMS_Email_Addresses

You are right. That is the most Apple-like user friendly solution anyone could come up with.

In Leopard, you can't drag files to move them anymore - you have to use the terminal. No support for moving files easily, because you can still do it in the terminal.

mrowl

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007
Texas, USA
but who wants to tell people oh send me the pic to my email... let alone have your friends remember to send it to an email. and i really dont want to enter an additional email address to all 564 of my contacts.

Whats the point of having to look at a tiny grainy pic on a mobile?

"OH! Look you can barely see this hot chic at the club in this grainy pic!"

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
it has email. and every mobile has an email address.

So how do you send an email to a mobile if you don't know what phone operator it is on?

Is this really easier to use than simply sending the MMS to the phone number. That is why MMS is so popular, because it is so simple to use.

It is totally stupid not to include MMS :confused:

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
Whats the point of having to look at a tiny grainy pic on a mobile?

"OH! Look you can barely see this hot chic at the club in this grainy pic!"

I see the point you are trying to make however, most good phones will have at least a 1.3MP camera. And I if i wanted to take a video or a pic of you wishing you could get that hot girl at the club and send it to your friends so they see that you really have no game then I would. :D

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
I see the point you are trying to make however, most good phones will have at least a 1.3MP camera. And I if i wanted to take a video or a pic of you wishing you could get that hot girl at the club and send it to your friends so they see that you really have no game then I would. :D

so is it that the iPhone doesn't do MMS that is the problem or that other phones have crappy email?

Cause sending that pic over email on an iPhone is pretty quick and painless.

Viewing it would be similarly simple.

tpouliot

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2007
What about the size of a 2MP camera photo and the speed of EDGE. I would think that Apple will be concerned with the speed of transferring photos in MMS and the criticism it will cause....

mrowl

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007
Texas, USA

I haven't had "game" since rap was still rap.

:D

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
What about the size of a 2MP camera photo and the speed of EDGE. I would think that Apple will be concerned with the speed of transferring photos in MMS and the criticism it will cause....

It really isnt that bad i sent a 2MP pic from a Sony W810i to a Nokia 6126 and it took all of 5 mins.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.