Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
no way this is official:

"video accessories with authorization chip"

this is a debunked rumor regarding apple switching video out from the jack to the dock connector.

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

kornyboy said:
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

slapguts said:
I'm intrigued. Any way to view this on an iPhone?

Maybe try emailing it to yourself. I think the Mail program on the iPhone can read PDFs. I'm trying it that way.

Update: I just gave this a try and it works.

ahijado

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2008
PDF download

Would there be any reason why I couldn't download or view the pdf file obtained from the link below using Firefox on XP or by saving the pdf.zip file of the presentation and finding that it is corrupted?

here it is:

http://homepage.mac.com/cbreen1/FileSharing41.html

I wanted to wait until after the last iPhone Supersession, but the demand is high and many of our concerns were addressed during this session at Macworld SF '08. :cool:

erch63

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2007
Bandwidth exceeded

I too would like to take a look at this, and it appears the bandwidth has been exceeded. Keep me posted for a forthcoming solution. Thanks.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
the background for the slides look familiar :rolleyes:

o i know what it looks... my desktop

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 229

jvcreativeness

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2008
Rubber band tripod

Anybody know what they meant by the "rubber band tripod" on page 31 (regarding stabilizing the iPhone for taking photos)?

jvcreativeness

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2008
If you are manually setting up a Gmail account using IMAP, you end up with an awkward folder structure with a top-level folder called "[Gmail]". You can remove this unnecessary parent folder by adding "[Gmail]" - without the quotes but with the square brackets - to the IMAP path prefix setting:
Settings>Mail>(select your account)>Advanced>Incoming Settings ...
IMAP Path Prefix [Gmail]

I tried this and while it did remove the [Gmail] top-level folder, it also removed the "folders" representing my Gmail labels.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Anybody know what they meant by the "rubber band tripod" on page 31 (regarding stabilizing the iPhone for taking photos)?

I suppose you could use a rubber band or two to temporarily lash the iPhone to some fixed object to stabilize it when shooting. Rubber bands are sometimes used by videographers to make panning smooth, but that's in conjunction with an actual tripod.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Kinda' weird part of the presentation...

but I think they were trying to impress upon "stability" while taking photos with the iPhone. The rubber band provides a non-slip way of taking pics, by using a wide rubber band and wrapping it around your iPhone and keeping your arms along side of your body v. trying to do the "outstreched arms" and taking the pic. Thereby stabilizing the iPhone as you snap pics. IMHO---:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.