Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I just got a text that reads, "SunEastF.C.U. Account Blocked Alert. For more information call us at 1-877-280-5298. Thank You."

It came from 8772805298@suneast.net

Has anyone received this text before?

Well, according to https://www.suneast.org/site/idtheftemails.html, its a scam. Yet, I'm also suspicious about the website. I'm not forwarding anything.

I don't understand these threads.

1 - Call att FIRST
2 - NEVER EVER EVER EVER GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFO TO ANYONE YOU DON'T KNOW. PERIOD. It does NOT take a genius to figure that out.
3 - If you have to ask if it's a scam - ITS A SCAM!

grantsdale

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
You found one source saying its a scam. Its a scam.
Why would you be 'suspicious' about the website? That doesn't make any sense.
'Oh they are saying its a scam when its really not!'
What possible benefit could come from that?

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
You found one source saying its a scam. Its a scam.
Why would you be 'suspicious' about the website? That doesn't make any sense.
'Oh they are saying its a scam when its really not!'
What possible benefit could come from that?

Use your head, the text has the web address, people go to the web address and the web address says forward the text to them....

It just seems suspicious and the look of the website looks cheesy...

greenpaz

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2009
Contact ATT about this and ask them

What would an AT&T representative in Bangalore possibly know about this? When I have a question about something, I find that people on the macrumors site are infinitely more helpful -- and a lot easier to reach.

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
I just got a text that reads, "SunEastF.C.U. Account Blocked Alert. For more information call us at 1-877-280-5298. Thank You."

It came from 8772805298@suneast.net

Has anyone received this text before?

Well, according to https://www.suneast.org/site/idtheftemails.html, its a scam. Yet, I'm also suspicious about the website. I'm not forwarding anything.

I called the number and it is just a message that says:

"This number has been disabled. Thanks for calling."

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
Do you even belong to that credit union? would they even have your cell number? Do you think they would text you if theres an issue, rather then a professional phone call?

SCAM

unless its some new hip C.U. that texts, i highly doubt

grantsdale

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
Use your head, the text has the web address, people go to the web address and the web address says forward the text to them....

It just seems suspicious and the look of the website looks cheesy...

The message you left doesn't give the website ... it just came from a spoofed address.

Yes, they want you to forward them scam texts/emails/etc so they know what to look out for.

If it was a 'scam' website too, why the hell would they tell you that its a scam on the site?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Check Sun East FCU

they have a msg about this scam or Fraud and yes never post possible frauds email or phone numbers you are only adding them.

I say fraud scammer as was asked before do you belong to this credit union. I get emails all the time telling me to check my bank acct and log in only I don't belong to that bank. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.