iPhone to iPhoto

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jeef690, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Jeef690 macrumors member

I can not import photos to iphoto. Can anyone help me? Other forum suggestions havent worked.

2. nfocus design macrumors regular

nfocus design

When you have your iPhone docked and open iPhoto, you should get a screen in iPhoto telling you it sees the iPhone and you just click import. Does iPhoto even see the iPhone? Here is a screenshot of what mine looks like.

Attached Files:

3. Jeef690 thread starter macrumors member

It recognizes it but does not recognize my 112 photos.

4. alandail macrumors 6502

my iphone used to show up in iPhoto, but doesn't anymore. I have photos from vacation I want to import and it doesn't want to work. iPhoto doesn't even launch when i connect my phone. This all worked before I left for vacation.

any ideas?

5. nfocus design macrumors regular

nfocus design

Attach a screenshot of what yours looks like.

6. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

Solution

Hi,

Just read your post. I was having the same problem.

Here is the solution.

Make sure iPhoto is open.

With iPhone in the Dock, turn it on -- or perhaps better put, unlock it or bring iPhone out of sleep.

You may notice that iPhoto will refresh.

Next in iPhoto reclick on the "Apple iPhone" under the left iPhoto source menu -- this should enable the "import" feature.

I think the key is to have the iPhone awake and active.

Please post and let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Dante

7. yoyoxx macrumors newbie

iphoto does not recognize my iphone.

i'm having the same problem. when i connect my iphone to iphoto, i see my iphone icon, but in the "information" section in iphoto it says "no items" and the screen says "no items to import". i have over 200 photos in my iphone…

8. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

Are those 200 photos that you took with your iPhone? I believe that the option to import refers to photos that you specifically took with your iPhone, not photos that happen to be stored on the phone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

The "Last 12 Months" button within iPhoto should show all photos stored on your phone using iPhoto. Try that if you haven't already.

9. Adam2000DC macrumors newbie

similar issue

iPhoto doesn't recognize my iPhone - I've tried powering it off and back on, unlocking etc... it simply does not see the phone as a device. All software is up to date and iTunes syncs properly. Could this be because I have syncing of photos turned off in iTunes? When I try to turn it on I'm warned that I may lose all photos currently on my iPhone... Any ideas?

10. elguercoterco macrumors newbie

I have the exact same dilemma.

11. SUlibarri macrumors newbie

This Worked for Me...

On the main iPhone tab, I had to uncheck 'automatically sync' in iTunes, apply, then make sure the phone was on, iPhoto and iTunes launched, then drop into the cradle/dock.

This brought up the import page in iPhoto.

Until I did this, the phone was not recognized by iPhoto because iTunes was taking over and apparently iPhoto was left out of the party!

12. kinman macrumors newbie

iPhone iPhoto problem

thanks for posting - I have been searching for options to solve this issue, and tried this but it did not work...

any other suggestions?

13. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Solution...

Open application: Image Capture

Turn iPhone OFF/ON and the program will discover it. Then use the lower drop-down list to find iPhone to iPhoto import.

14. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

What version iPhoto are you on? Does it show up in Image Capture?

15. romannumeral5 macrumors newbie

it worked for me too - thanks!!! :D

I had over 500 phones in iPhone and unchecking the auto sync on iTunes worked for me too!

16. CurtisA macrumors newbie

iphone/iphoto not importing

I was having the same problem, tried all the suggestions, but noe worked. Then I powered off my iphone by holding down the top button, powered it back on and PRESTO! all photos appeared in iphoto and imported successfully.

17. darkmeton macrumors member

if iPhoto does not recognize iPhone, delete the save pictures you have on the iPhone from safari/mail.

18. Galarina macrumors member

Galarina

Anyone having troubles importing their photos to their Mac using a cable could also consider my PhotoToMac iPhone app that transfers camera roll photos over WiFi.
    All other people should consider it too :)

19. lazerbean macrumors newbie

i have tried all of the above solutions and none have them have worked, same problem of course;

connect iphone to mac.
    itunes starts up and synces fine
    iphoto does nothing.

im going to take both macbook and iphone to a local apple store were the seem keen to help customers so hopefully i will have it sorted.

any other ideas before i resort to this???

20. JanSKay macrumors newbie

Same thing just happened to me, too!

I was just now trying to import and no matter what I tried my iPhone stopped showing up in iPhoto.It used to be when I plugged it in it'd take over and iPhoto would pop up and ready to go. :( What could have changed? All the settings are correct. I'm baffled.:confused:

21. ByronNewMedia macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

My 3Gs has been working just fine with iPhonto, now I can't see my iPhone in the left hand menu bar in iPhoto (see screenshot)[​IMG]

Have tried restarting everything, no luck. Everything is syncing ok with itunes.

Any ideas?

22. jerrymarkham macrumors newbie

Same problem as recently discussed.

I have the same problem where iPhone 3G is recognized by iTunes but iPhoto no longer can identify the phone.

I have not made any recent updates or changes. It just stopped working. I know there may be work arounds but I would rather it work the way it was designed to work.

Any help would be great.

23. paximadia macrumors newbie

The tip from darkmeton did it for me: I deleted photos saved from mail and/or safari, dis- and reconnected the iPhone and it immediately came up in iPhoto. Turning off auto-sync did not work for me.

24. jerrymarkham macrumors newbie

What is the procedure for deleting photos saved from Mail?
    What is the procedure for deleting photos saved from Safari?

25. Max1242 macrumors newbie

iphone photos not uploading to iphoto

I have the same issue where iphoto does not see the iphone. I recently purchased a new 3GS iphone and when I plugged it into the Mac it brought up the iphoto program like it used to do. After I syncd the new phone with the older back up, it did not launch iPhoto again and still will not see it. I will keep trying different things that are mentioned on this thread and if I find out what my issue was and if it gets resolved, I will also post it. I am glad to see that I am not the only one here that has the same issue.