iPhone 8(+) iPhone trade-in (Canada)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GreatSc0tt, Oct 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GreatSc0tt macrumors member

GreatSc0tt

hello.

I am thinking about trading in my iPhone 8+ at the Apple store for an Xs. Has anybody done this at an Apple store in Canada and how was it?

Thanks
    Scott

2. nordique macrumors 65816

I haven't traded an iPhone before but I have traded in an iPad before and it's a seamless experience.

If you're curious about what you get, go to the apple website and check "apple giveback" and go through check list to see your device value

3. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

You will get a lot more for it selling on Kijiji....

4. nordique macrumors 65816

Even orchard is better for value if you're willing to wait for a month or so vs Apple giveback

But yeah Kijiji would be my go-to to sell. Some people just hate the hassle which I understand. It can be a bit much at times.

5. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

Wow, just looked on the Apple Giveback page, those prices are low, I could sell my device for $300-$400 more. Might take a week and dealing with annoying Kijiji people but still.

6. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Traded both my 8+ and Apple Watch I’m on my iPhone max. No problems.

7. nordique macrumors 65816

Yeah the trade in values are low at apple. The crazy thing is their trade in values are better than most places people trade their devices in (I.e. cell phone companies, electronics stores)!

If you can ignore the low offers and be patient, Kijiji is best To get a return on value

8. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

That’s just throwing away money, lots of it. Ouch.

9. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Did you purchase the phone under iUP? Why not sell the iPhone 8+ and get more money and use that to purchase the Xs. Apple doesn’t really give you top dollar for your old phone.