iPhone Unable to recieve or make calls.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TOwens8one, Feb 3, 2008.

1. TOwens8one macrumors newbie

My phone says "iPhone Unable to recieve or make calls. Please go to apple for support" Any idea on how to fix this. I was trying to downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and when it completed this happend. Thanks in advance

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Wierd...what is the iPhone's BaseBand firmware (04.02.13_G or 04.01.13_G)?

Settings -> General -> About

3. TOwens8one thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't do anything. All i get is the "slide for emergency" when i try to jailbreak by dialing *#307# then 0 i get nothing. I have done it successfully many times and dont know why this happened. Also when i try to check the IME (i think thats what it is) number it says unknown.

4. ChrisCarter770 macrumors newbie

Are you able to get into your contacts when you do the *#307#

5. TOwens8one thread starter macrumors newbie

No, i doesnt do anything, it cant call at all. I can only slide it and press the numbers but nothing happens once I press the call button.

6. yayaba macrumors 6502

Was the baseband upgraded between 1.1.1 and 1.1.2? If so you can't just downgrade the firmware as that will not downgrade the modem firmware.

If I have this correct, right now you're running 1.1.1 using the 1.1.2 modem firmware which doesn't work. I had the same problem with having no service. Upgrading it back up to 1.1.2 re-enabled my phone.

I'm not sure how to move between baseband versions. I don't think it's simple though. Good luck.

7. TOwens8one thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, Im running 1.1.1 from an original 1.1.2 Itunes cant connect to the phone either, it says "unable to connect to device." iBrick recognizes and allows me so it says to downgrade to 1.0.2. Im hesitating to do that because I may go to the apple store to see if i luck out and get a replacement but it wouldnt look that good if its on a 1.0.2 that was purchased about a month ago.

8. Vikas80 macrumors newbie

9. TOwens8one thread starter macrumors newbie

What I did to solve it was:
    Put the phone in recovery mode and then press restore on itunes, dont do the soft restore just press restore without pressing anything else it should take you to the latest software update and it should be fixed. Then proceed to unlock/jailbreak if you want through ziphone (I havent read up on it lately so iidk if it will work on 1.1.4 yet) Hope that helps