Iphone Unlocking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jweldon49, Nov 13, 2013.

1. jweldon49 macrumors newbie

How are these sites unlocking iphones? Is there some special software?

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

They've got people who work for AT&T itself that unlock the iPhones on the sly. Recently, AT&T cracked down and the unlocks went from $2 to $100 due to the increased risk and difficulty for an employee to do this now--at least that's the story. There is no special software or jailbreak.

AT&T is currently the most strict carrier when it comes to locking iPhones. There is really little reason to lock a phone since the contract binds a person to maintain service or pay an ETF--except to force people onto ridiculously expensive international roaming plans when they travel.

3. niausa macrumors newbie

Can you help, for unlock I am very urgent
    There is no problem in paying money in order to unlcked
    I have also iphone 5s purchased from ebay but unfortunately request activation through security number and zip code
    Is there a solution from a company att

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No way for it to be unlock. If you bought it locked, you are screwed. AT&T will unlock it for you if and only if, you were a previous AT&T customer and fulfilled your 2-year contract, paid an ETF or are on active military duty.

Otherwise, no. Yes, there are no other ways besides AT&T.

5. btv94 macrumors newbie

I agreed with you on this, i keep getting text form AT&T offer me RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE International plan since i contact them about unlock my iphone 5 for oversea use.
    they (AT&T) also know that i won't be able to get my phone unlock till sept 2014 or pay $195 ETF to get it unlock.