iPhone Update 1.0.1 Released

katanna

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
From ApplePhoneShow.com:
"The first thing I noticed that’s different is the weather icon is updated to reflect the actual temperature and conditions."

Right about now I wish I had an iPhone!

Matthew

jwa276

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
*scurries to grab iPhone cable*

Man, I feel like I've been waiting for this for a long time... Time to grab a beer and hope that it's not a big disappointment!!

:eek:

edcrosay

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2005
Just installed it. Progress bar on the phone's display was a nice touch.
Is working fine. It does not update the weather icon as katanna noted.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
it definitely is a lot more stable. i've been browsing safari listening to music for the past 20 minutes (at least). not a crash yet. pretty impressive.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
iCraptastic

If you used iFuntastic, don't install this update. I think I have to restore my phone. :/

EDIT: Had to restore phone, it's downloading a 91.2MB file. I assume the 1.0.1 package as a whole. A message informed me I will loose all my music, etc on the phone. Glad I have everything backed up...

EDIT2: All mail was lost on my iPhone, needed to redownload. I now have 70 new mails to go thru. I also lost all my voicemails on my phone, but they seemed to have downloaded as well. WiFi, Voicemail and Gmail passwords needed to be re-entered.

EDIT3: Lost all my photos on my Camera Roll. Be sure to import them via iPhoto before making any adjustments to your iPhone! This way should Apple's next update require a restore, you will have everything.

rishio

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2003
The first thing I noticed is the emails open up a lot faster. I used to have to wait for a while to open up emails..

Can anyone else confirm this?

jphall

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
I swore I'd wait several days after the iPhone update came out to let you bleeding edge folks take care of the testing, but I notice I'm now reaching towards the dock to put my iPhone into it...... , must resist, must not do it.... , don't do it! ::grin::

I'll give you guys another hour and then I'll decide.

Joel.

Edit: It says I'm a newbie, can you believe it? Just because I don't post anymore, I just read? And I haven't lived in Boulder for more than two years? As you can see, I'm celebrating 5 years as a macrumors newbie!

ryanide

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
yahoo! mail problem fixed

my Yahoo! mail used to display at the end something to the effect of "25 more messages... click to load" and there never were any messages there. This is now gone.

I think others had complained about this also.

It does seem faster overall. Can't wait to see what else we get!!
:)