iPhone users are spoiled(appreciate your iPhone)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Espo, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Espo macrumors 6502

I have had an iPhone since it first launched last year and now I have the 3G and I have to admit, iPhone users are spoiled. I had a couple week without my iPhone and I don't know how I did it with a reg phone. So many people complain about the iPhone/3G, about the service, Internet speed, etc. But this phone is truly amazing and we can't appreciate it because we are spoiled by it's abilities. It saved my ass last week in NYC and I am glad to have this phone. So basically, I hope everyone can learn to appreciate their phone & those who don't have one need to stop criticizing the iPhone cuz they don't know the true ability of this phone.

2. garybUK Guest

garybUK

I had a iPhone for about 5 months and i found out i was spoiled by other phones, when i went back to my Nokia N95 8GB i realised how i missed features like MMS... seriously.

3. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

Not MMS again! ;)

Seriously, I'm a Brit and I've never understood the fascination of MMS. And for something like that to stop you enjoying a device as richly featured as the iPhone... It's like giving back a Ferrari because it didn't have space to keep your loose change.

4. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Come on MMS is important he needs something to send his crappy cell phone pictures and videos to his little friends.

Ferrari's suck cause there's nowhere to put a sheet of drywall, and even cheap mini van's can carry a sheet of drywall, common Ferrari get with we want to carry drywall.

5. macdim macrumors 6502

I've never sent an MMS in my life, and have never felt the need to. But that may be that I don't trust Rogers enough to use "extra" features like that. Those robbers would probably charge me some ridiculous amount to send one scaled down, crappy rez pic.

6. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

No, it's like choosng a Porsche Boxster when you could have a Carrera.

Take out the words 'crappy' and 'little' and you're right.

7. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

the iPhone needs to be re- called if it can't be fixed. The update didn't do jack. The gps is inconsistent, the phone lags, dropped calls etc. I hope it can be fixes because it's a nice phone.

8. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I'm not attacking you in the least -- but other than "LOL moments", what need is there for sending 20 second cellphone-captured video clips? I'm honestly asking.

I have friends and sending them videos would be fun (I guess); but is it really "needed"? Enough that it makes the iPhone "suck"?

9. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

I totally agree with the OP.

Sure, if it had a decent camera I'd love it more, but I love it all the same :rolleyes:

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I only cared that I didn't have my iPhone when I did the 2.0.1 update and it was all wonky for a while. I had to meet a friend and had no phone. Once I began driving I realized I had no iPod either! I think I missed not having the iPod more.
    As long as I have a phone where I can text and call people I'm good to go.

11. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Who the hell are YOU to judge what I do with my phone?

MMS is a very important feature, as is bluetooth file exchanges and turn by turn navigation and video calls. People ACTUALLY use them, if you don't then go chufty over your iPhone, but for other people it's a big deal.

I SO SO missed these features when I had my iPhone, people even scoffed that it didn't do basic phone functions. And no, e-mail isn't a alternative, who wants all that spam on their phones?

12. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

So the iPhone's not for you, I guess.

13. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

take the video part out because the iPhone can't do that either.

14. littlewaywelt macrumors regular

That's all well and good, but some of us came from phones that did 10x what the iPhone is capable of (WM Treo) and amazingly were far less buggy. iPhone is great, but the criticism, imho is very well-founded. I used a WM Treo for a little over two years and I am amazed apple has left so much functionality out of this lauded device.

15. macdim macrumors 6502

For me, there is nothing the iPhone does not do that I absolutely need. Bluetooth file exchange would indeed be nice. Video is the main feature I want because it's fun to use at social events and such.

16. TonyMil macrumors member

So, what's the story? What happened in NYC?

17. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Why use MMS when you have email built right in?

I used MMS once maybe twice in my old phone over 2 years, I've used email pictures more that 30 times in the month I've had the iPhone.

oh and don't bring up the excuse that friends on other cell phones can't see it, I haven't heard that complaint from my friends yet.

18. dizzy13 macrumors 6502

MMS is an old crappy technology. It should just die!

Anyway you can send MMS all you want, just have to save the email addresses to MMS like number@mms.att.net

So the only thing is receiving MMS

19. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

If you want to post your whines on a public forum suck it up, people will judge you on them because you put it out there. If the phone is such a POS get something that meets your needs, like a Razor, you can MMS picture of your crotch to your chave friends till the cows come home.

20. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

Okay, to riff on the car analogy a bit:

The iPhone 3G is like a Porsche with a nice sound system, somewhat wonky fuel injection at high speed, a few annoying instrument problems and some trim squeaks and rubs.

It's still a Porsche, you love to drive it, it produces excellent sound, but it's unpredictable when driven over 70 mph; you can grit your teeth for the most part and ignore the wobbly tach needle and squeaky dashboard; you can't help feeling the whole thing could be so much better, but you don't like to b---h too loudly because you bought it quite cheaply, even if maintenance does cost $5K per year.

If I had a Porsche like that, I'd be taking it back to the dealer until they made it run right, including anything they might have done to it to make it run wrong. Same for the iPhone 3G. :p

21. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

No; it's more like this:

iPhone - does few things, but does them well -
    [​IMG]

WinMo - does EVERYTHING!!! (OMG!!!), but does them like s*** -
    [​IMG]

22. stockcerts macrumors 65816

Too funny! :D

23. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't really feel "spoiled" by the phone; I bought the 3G myself and pay the bills. If I did, I'd have to feel spoiled by my MBP, Plasma, Wii, PS2, iPhone 2G/3G, DS, PSP, and iPods. Not happening :)

24. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

im gonna miss mms because of one thing.....

....naughty pictures....

...besides that, not that big of a deal to me

25. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Just because you haven't heard it doesn't mean it's not valid. :rolleyes:

Yes I miss MMS. Yes I miss sending a quick picture to my friends without trying to remember if they'll be able to access them immediately. Dont talk to me about sending to the e-mail address of their phone, because I don't tend to keep track of their carriers (who does that?). And trying to retrieve MMS is a joke, especially without--wait for it--copy and paste.

All that being said, I love my iPhone. I'd just love it more with some of the features I've taken for granted on a Palm Treo for years.