iphone version 1.1.3 has been locked in iran

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by navidking, Jan 18, 2008.

1. navidking macrumors newbie

i have updated my mobile phone from 1.1.1 version to 1.1.3 by itunes program.unfortunately my mobile phone has been locked.
    would you please help me what i must do to make it 1.1.2 version

please e-mail me the steps i should take i thank you in advance

i live in tehran-iran.

yours faithfully

navid

my email:navidking_85@yahoo.com

2. kamiboy macrumors 6502

I am afraid that you are out of luck. You should not have upgraded the firmware on a hack unlocked phone. You cannot use the device until someone figures out how to jailbreak 1.1.3 and even then since you just upgraded from 1.1.1 you might never be able to use the phone part of the iPhone again.

3. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

4. iliketomac macrumors member

iliketomac

HELLOOO!!

Do you do your homework FIRST?

ver 1.1.3 was JUST released. Why on earth would you update your unlocked 1.1.1 to 1.1.3?? That was a DUMB move! No wonder! :eek:

You're stuck now... playing the waiting game!

5. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Hmm. I must have missed the press releases announcing that:

1. An apple store has opened in Iran
    2. AT&T started service in Iran
    3. Apple is selling the iPhone in Iran.

6. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

To the above two posters:
    First poster - could you not have kept that to yourself - why antagonise somebody looking for help.
    Second poster - see above. What has his location got anything to do with it? Got a problem with Iran? I can't think of any other reason to post that.

7. kevo0822 macrumors regular

Wow, dacreativeguy, thanks for that insightful comment. I'm sure it was really helpful to the OP.

Next time, just keep your BS to yourself.

8. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

LOL those were exactly my thoughts, then I saw your post :p

9. MyNewSolstice macrumors newbie

Wouldn't restore phone in ITUNES send it back to 1.1.1 and then jail break from there? Have fun in the sun in tehran!

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Well my friend, sorry to tell you but since 1.1.3 is *very* new the iPhone Dev Team have not yet been able to jailbreak it (not even having the ipsw before hand).

As far as for downgrading, Ericka Sadun from the TUAW tried various methods Nate True (creator of iBrickr and first user outside Apple to have access to 1.1.3) suggested and still, there was no way of succesfully downgrading Baseband and Firmware. Only the main firmware downgraded but since the Baseband is still up the phone part will not work.

Now to your problems we add the fact that 1.1.3 has no 'unlocking' as of yet. There is a Hardware Unlock done by GeoHot, but that is very complicated and requires you to open up your iPhone and also use software manipulation.

So as for solutions to your problem I only offer one. Wait until there is any way to jailbreak a 1.1.3

11. Stingray72 macrumors newbie

Hopefully this will help
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23786

12. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

No problem with Iran at all. There are stupid people all over the world, so location matters not. If you are going to use a product in a way that the manufacturer prohibits, and that that they publicly announce they are taking action to prevent, then you have to know what you are doing before you do it. But don't whine and beg for help when you do something that it is unsupported and it blows up in your face. That's the mark of someone who never should have attempted hacking or jailbreaking in the first place.

13. edwinazari macrumors newbie

About your iPhone

Hi Navid

Edwin here from Australia.

I can help you out, just contact me.

There are few things that you need to do in order to downgrade your phone.

once your have downgraded both your firmware and bootloader than you can upgrade your phone to 1.1.3 the proper way. YES YOU CAN GO TO 1.1.3 with out getting your iphone bricked.

At the moment i am using the latest 1.1.3 version with out any problems.

Contact me if your iphone is still bricked.

edwinazari (a t) y a h o o . c o m . a u

14. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I'm interested in why it got locked.

Is the gov't involved?

15. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Why not jailbreak and TurboSIM? That would probably work.

16. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

Apple is involved.
    He upgraded his phone to a version that locks his phone.
    I wonder how much phones apple would sell I they sold it fully unlocked.

17. Surely Guest

Surely

I hope that he was able to unlock it.:)

I also hope that Bush doesn't think that the iPhone is a WMD, because he's looking for any excuse to invade that country. :eek:

18. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Just keep quiet or we'll take the remaining bits of habitable land you call Canada and make you wait for global warming to thaw you the rest!

=D

19. Surely Guest

Surely

You can have it- I'm moving to Los Angeles on Friday. :D

20. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

How shocking, a post from a guy in Iran which turns to a discussion about bush and WsMD. [insert rolling eyes]

Navid:

You can now jailbreak 1.1.3 and unlock it from there.

Good luck!

21. Surely Guest

Surely

Psssst....... we were joking around [insert rolling eyes there -> :rolleyes:]

Don't be so self-righteous.

22. BiGPrO macrumors newbie

Such a great board.. thanks

To both posters, dacreativeguy & mouchoir, why do you make such replies, if you are both not having a clue on how to fix problems and help someone who is in need, then both of you should not say such thing. For your info, one day APPLE will open in IRAN as it is a huge market regardless of the US government issue with them.

Such a great board, I do not understand why the Admins and OPs would allow such comments in such a place where others can seek help.

Good luck to the person who is seeking help in fixing his problem.

23. robrose20 macrumors 6502

robrose20

I think you are out of luck my friend. Apple stated that any unlocked Iphone which was upgraded would stop working. I think your phone is now dead.

sorry

24. Aries326 macrumors 6502

He's asking for help. He didn't come here to be berated. Not everyone is a genius and a member of Mensa like you.

Go to http://www.hackthatphone.com/ If there is a solution to your problem, you would find it on that website.

25. cazlar macrumors 6502

Despite some potential misinformation in this thread, your phone should be quite recoverable (as you were unlocked on 1.1.1, you must be BL3.9).

Here's the simplest way - http://iphone.unlock.no/#how-to-downgrade-1.1.2-or-1.1.3

(NB I have not done this so can't verify it works)

Alternatively, you could go through an involved process (at least at the moment, it may get simpler in the future) to restore back to 1.1.1, jailbreak, oktoprep, option-update to 1.1.2, jailbreak again and soft-update to 1.1.3. Then you will be on a locked but jailbroken 1.1.3 (with matching baseband), ready to run the newly released AnySIM 1.3 or geohots IPSF-clone. Both of these are brand new though, so I'd recommend waiting for a bit longer until any bugs are worked out.