iPhone Version of Angry Birds in Space on iPad!!!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by MrXiro, Mar 22, 2012.

1. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Wow... looks AMAZING!!! Is this the first Retina enabled version of Angry Birds? It looks stunning!

I wouldn't bother dropping 3 dollars for the iPad version when you can play the iPhone version that looks pristine on all your devices for one low price!

2. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Aren't you getting the blackbars on the sides, lossing viewing space with the iphone version?

3. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Because the iPad version looks incredible in it's own right and that $2.99 isn't going to keep food off the table?

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/apps

4. nippyjun macrumors 65816

5. The Bronx Bull macrumors member

I got the iPad version; wouldn't the iPhone version be using just half the pixels?

This version is GORGEOUS.

6. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

7. lovespicyfood macrumors member

Bought the Iphone and Ipad version this morning at 5:30am! :) Unfortunately, no time until late tonight to play with them. :(

8. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

9. The Bronx Bull macrumors member

Oh yes... very much so. The clarity of the birds and the pigs is absolutely stunning.

10. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

No, Rovio missed the keynote 2 years ago about universal apps, and the keynote 9 months ago about iCloud syncing.

Saving my money and time for a competent dev like Chair, and Netherrealm.

11. rollzst macrumors member

It doesn't mention on iTunes it's retina ready

12. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

The phone version is.

The iPad HD version is unclear.

13. Bloodraw850 macrumors 6502

Bloodraw850

The iPad version is optimized for the retina display, looks great :D

14. iArrudaG macrumors regular

iArrudaG

15. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Its definitely iPad retina, and I cant stand black bars anyway. Looks nice.

I got it from freemyapps(normal, referral), takes about 10 minutes to earn the points to get it if you've never used it before.

16. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Its been almost a year that Rovio said it would bring "device sync", and still nothing.

http://www.droidgamers.com/index.ph...ice-sync-to-angry-birds-no-more-starting-over

A few days ago I restored my iPad and set it up as new, it was so awesome to know that Apps like Real Racing 2 kept all of my scores, cars and money that I had earned all in sync and backed up, and with 1 click it was all restored (I did not have to start playing from the beginning).

Why can't Rovio do this.

17. luckyblue macrumors regular

luckyblue

I've always been a big fan of Angry Birds. I like how that keep adding levels without charging.

That being said, I really get annoyed with those who charge more for the ipad version. When the ipad first came out, a lot of developers took advantage and charged $5 for an iphone game that is only $1. I'm not one to tell anyone how to run their business, but does it really cost them that much to make the game with higher graphics? I could maybe see charging another $1 to upgrade to the ipad version, but come on.

If I were a game developer I would make my apps all universal, people catch on and become more loyal when they don't feel like you are taking advantage.

18. DS3 macrumors 6502a

I like what Sword and Sorcery did (not a fan of the game though), where there is a more expensive HD version that is universal but also a cheaper iphone only version.

Of course Rovio obviously specifically chose this method to try to increase profits. While obviously a universal app would be ideal, its much more the lack of cloud sync that is ridiculous. I mean all that would do is increase their sales since as is having to start over is a barrier to buying the other version. Can't imagine why they didn't implement it.

19. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    x2. Last time I restored and lost all my progress, I gave up and have not played any Rovio games since. So frustrating.

20. mlynchmob16 macrumors regular

haha that comic describes me perfectly. :D Except maybe buying an iPad 3GS for my cat...

21. Polymira macrumors regular

According to the appstore reviews, to play the full game you must pay extra via in app purchase?

No thank you. I'll just play for free on my android phone with some ads.

22. Arkham.insane macrumors newbie

It's fun but soo easy just trying to get you to pay extra for the harder levels which I did but come one just include a full game for the price ffs

23. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

No I can afford it... but I hate for paying for something twice... find it ridiculous.

Just make a universal app for 2.99 so I can play it on my iPhone and on my iPad...

24. robertjones macrumors member

robertjones

25. ekwipt macrumors 6502a

I don't mind paying twice for the app, well I do but the other option is for Rovio to charge $4 for the one App and they'd lose a lot of customers.

What oisses me off though is the lack of syncing. Man those guys are swimming in money bloody borrow a developer from another company for a few weeks and they could get the code done LOL