iPhone Video Launched Monday after WWDC??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ijohnw, Jun 5, 2009.

1. nfl46 macrumors 603

Its sooo many people doubting that this will be happen, but honestly, you neeeever know, it could be true!

I mean, they could only be available on the Apple website, and not in the stores just yet. None of the AT&T stores has gotten a shipment of new 3rd Gen iPhones to my knowledge.

2. jeremeys macrumors newbie

jeremeys

i'd love for this to happen, considering my situation.

3. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Sounds legit to me!

4. chase71320 macrumors newbie

if Apple's website is the only place they can be ordered (assuming they launch Monday), watch Apple's servers buckle once again under the pressure of everyone getting on and placing orders.

But seriously, this would be really cool, and while it is possible, its not probable.:apple:

5. abz786 macrumors 6502

god i am confused!
    sell my 3G white one now, and see if a new one comes out on monday, or wait till it is confirmed then sell it (but ill get less)
    ARG!!! :-( hahahaahaha

prices u pay for being an unemployed student!

6. guru_ck macrumors 6502

What good would a limited quantity launch be if the potential Palm Pre customers won't be able to get their hands on an iPhone (due to all the fanboys snatching them up)?

7. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

PR

8. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

limited quantity like the palm pre? there are probably only going to be about 5 pres in each store.

9. Warcrafter macrumors newbie

It seems somehow logical. I keep hearing that 3.0 is definitely not going to be ready by monday, so maybe they would ease people's stress by releasing the new iPhone monday, + a new beta, and have 3.0 ready by the end of June.

I really hope it's the other way around. I want MMS sooooo bad! I have to get through a piano recital first, though.

10. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

No way they would release the new hardware with beta 3.0 software. If there's bugs everyone would blame the hardware it would be bad publicity. plus its just not their style. I'm seeing hardware and software released side by side in a month. I really hope I'm wrong though, 3.0 software COULD be released sooner.

11. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

WHo do you hear this from.. It might be more ready then we know of.. Just because you hear developers say it's not ready doesn't make it so... THey might be out to surprise us....

James

12. seanofthedead macrumors member

I'm gonna laugh my ass off is 3.0 comes out Monday.

13. seanofthedead macrumors member

I agree. Didn't Beta 5 come out a month ago? That's plenty of time to work out a few kinks.

14. Andruw91 macrumors regular

I love it if the new iphone came out on Monday but I doubt it will. Here's to wishful thinking

15. seanofthedead macrumors member

I think it's very possible for 3.0 to come out Monday, but don't get your hopes up for a whole new iPhone to come out then. They haven't even shown anything on it yet.

16. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I could care less about the 'new' iPhone. I dont think there is going to be significant interest except from those of us on forums like this unless they introduce a much cheaper model.

Personally, I am more excited about 3.0 and am hopeful Apple has some surprises in store for us.

17. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

this.

18. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

+1 here. I am dying for a 32gb iPhone. I sold my 4gb first gen a year ago and I can't wait to have one again.

Re-read. They said the 4gb would not be availible in stores.

19. hippo206 macrumors 6502

20. redman042 macrumors 68020

Hogwash. Seriously. Has the new iPhone even gotten FCC approval yet??

21. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

The final build of 3.0 may be ready and they're just waiting to release it
    but I can tell you that Beta 5 still had some major issues (glitches) that need(ed) to be fixed before it will (would) become a finished product

Beta 5 is definitely NOT ready

22. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

But from what I have been reading others have not had a problem with their BETA 5..

This has me wondering, when they send out a beta I don't think apple is sending it out for us to play with, they are just sending it out to see if your apps are compatible with the lastest BETA.. If your app works fine they don't care how buggy the beta is, they can fix that.. They are giving you the opportunity to see if your apps work..

But from other threads there are mixed feelings on how the lastest BETA is.. Some say it's fine and other say it garbage.. But the last beta came out a month ago and it seems that they would have came out with another beta before now.. Why wait for the WWDC just for a BETA 6?????

James

23. bigchief macrumors 6502a