iphone Video Launches Monday June 8th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aznkid25, Jun 5, 2009.

1. nfl46 macrumors 603

Its just a prediction. Nothing is confirmed, but if it is, it'll only be available in Apple Stores. Lol, Palm would be p-ssed! This is GREAT marketing, if Apple decides to do this.

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I honestly don't think that any iPhone will be available on Monday. I might could see the 3.0 software update being released, but I highly doubt that also.

If anything, another beta will be released at or right after the event, but that's it. I expect the iPhone and the 3.0 software update to be released in early July (most likely on July 17).

3. jcostaman macrumors member

jcostaman

The iPhone has to be approved by the FCC. That's why the iPhone 2G was announced in January and available in summer. And the iPhone 2G in June and released in July.

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

that's just a guess. i mean, i hope that guess is right, but we'll have to wait and see

5. gibbz macrumors 68030

I think that Apple would have learned its lesson on rushing things to the market after MobileMe last year. I don't really see it being Apple's style to push something out early in fear of a product. I think the iPhone has so much popularity right now that simply the announcement of the new hardware would be enough for many to choose the iPhone over the Pre.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

7. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Lmao how could they write that article? a lot of the stuff they are saying isn't even true. i highly doubt the new iPhone will be available Monday, actually it WON'T be available Monday.

That article should not have been written. They act like everything they said IS going to happen.

8. lignsligns macrumors member

I would feel compelled to rush to the nearest apple store, but since its a good 45 minutes away, my chances of getting one are slim. I dont think it'll launch monday though, so i'm not too worried

9. The General macrumors 601

Maybe since it will have the same radios, it won't need to go through the FCC again. I mean, if all they're doing is moving a speaker and putting a different camera in it, more memory, I don't see any reason for it to go through the FCC again.

But yeah, it definitely isn't going to be available on Monday. There would be no hype build up time and no line for me to wait in...

10. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Prediction! Prediction! ! ! New iPhone Announcement ..... ...... .....that the NEW iPhone will be released...... Drumroll ! ! !!..............In 36 DAYS from the WWDC! !, (like last year). Maybe. If you are lucky.

11. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

12. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

That article said apple will announce the iPhone V3 come Monday.

Most stories have said the same thing, which most people assume is true.

Announce is the not the same as launch.

Announce is not the same as release.

13. Muyy macrumors newbie

it actually said that the new iPhone would be in stores on the same day, if you read the second paragraph, you know, with your eyes

"What you don’t know, though, is that Apple will likely make the iPhone Video available the same day. Yes, you will be able to pick up the next version of the iPhone on Monday, if you get to an Apple Store before they sell out. "

14. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

If this latest rumor is indeed true, it's almost certain we'd read reports of mysterious boxes arriving, unless they are delivered Monday afternoon. Then it would be a mess to sell them.