iPhone Wall Charger

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johndallas999, Jun 21, 2011.

1. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

I have a BlackBerry Travel charger (looks similar to the iPhone wall charger) that plugs into the wall and has a USB output to charge a phone. The power output on it is 5V and 750mA. The iPhone wall charger specs show output of 5V and
    1A. Does anyone know if I can safely use the Blackberry one to charge the iPhone? I'm assuming since the current output is lower it would be safe but possibly take longer to charge. :confused:

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't think so, my brother in law had a similar one in the car and I tried plugging into the USB and it wouldn't recognize either my 4 or my 5th Gen iPod.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

You can try it. I wouldn't think there would be any issue as the current, as you stated, is lower

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Apple Devices are really specific on what they charge with. My iPhone doesn't charge on my Samsung Camera charger, but it charges on my Kindle.

it certainly won't combust if you try it though, so give it a shot

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

It just takes longer to charge that is the only differences.
    I use all my many MANY usb chargers interchangeably. Some take longer to charge the others.
    Apple devices sadly for me are the most annoying because they are the only one that does not use MicroUSB. Everything else I use that charges by USB is microUSB so it is really easy just grab a cord and plug it in.

Now I am a bit pickier about my Atrix but that charger cranks out a lot more power to charge it so I tend to use that charger for the phone at night.