iPhone With Carrier Of Your Choice Poll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benhollberg, Jan 5, 2011.

?

iPhone With Carrier of Your Choice

1. AT&T

144 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Sprint

28 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. T-Mobile

32 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Verizon

123 vote(s)
    34.9%
  5. Other

25 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

If the iPhone was available unlocked for any carrier which would you choose, why?

2. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Which Carrier? - Verizon
    Why? - Because in my area Verizon service, reception has been top notch.
    I have been paying month to month since my contract ended a year ago using my blackberry tour and could easily switch to AT&T to get the Iphone 4 but I dislike having dropped calls. I can honestly say in my area I have had zero dropped calls using Verizon services. Apple Iphone is a nice phone but not that nice enough to sacrifice having to use America's worst cellular network..

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

AT&T, because it works well for me. No dropped calls or other issues where I live and work and spend all my time. For me there's no point in fixing what isn't broken.

4. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

And if all the great companies had that mentality none of their products would ever improve... If Steve Jobs had your mentality, you would still be using the first iphone :)

5. pittpanthersfan macrumors 6502

pittpanthersfan

AT&T: Best coverage in my area, no nickel-and-diming, rollover minutes, and of course simultaneous data + voice.

6. forcetactic macrumors 6502

T-mobile. Cheapest with good coverage in my area

7. jtgamer macrumors member

I would go for 2 carriers:
    At&t for coverage where I live and verizon for calling family out of state since they all haver verizon phones. If i have to pick one, at&t

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I just don't know. I loved my T-Mobile phone 5 years ago, but that was just voice, no data. I have no idea what their data network is really like.

This is a tough choice. The at&t data network is very reliable and I understand it's faster than most others. I DO like it. I'm not sure there's a better option for that.

But their voice network sucks frog toes and is both unreliable and really bad when it does work. But the data part is kind of more important to me.

So...I'm not sure where that leaves me.

9. prss14 macrumors regular

prss14

AT&T. Never had any problems. Few dropped calls. Fast data speeds. Entire family is AT&T. iPhone on Verizon will only make it better for me if people switch.

10. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Other - CREDO Mobile.

I jumped from them to get the iPhone 4. After that I jumped to Verizon when I moved out of AT&T coverage and fell in love with the Droid X. I would go to CREDO now, but their only three Android phones do not entice me at all.

11. GolpherZX macrumors newbie

Sprint because they have a robust network that is consistent. Verizon has the overall largest area, AT&T is in the middle of the two - in my opinion.

12. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

AT&T. Been with them for six years (going on four with an iPhone) and have had no major issues. Very satisfied customer here :cool:

13. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

at&t. Had had them for 8 years (six years strait on my second stint). Always had good service and great customer service. If not them, then Sprint would be my second choice followed by t-mobile. Verizon service is ok, but the customer service is horrible, had them for a couple of months and cancelled a couple of years ago, and now I have them for fios, and their customer service still sucks, I only keep them now because fios service is much better than anything else out there, but if the other providers around here would get off their a$$es and improve their services I'd be gone in a heart beat.

14. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

It is amazing how much different experiences can be. I have called Verizon support a dozen plus times in the past few months and was very happy with the result all but one time. AT&T had even better customer support, but that is like comparing the near-perfect to the great.

15. Perihelion macrumors regular

I have my iPhone on Fido in Canada and the reception and pricing have been great. Can't ask for any more than I'm getting...

16. barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

"Customer Service" is a moot point in answering this poll. Without decent service/coverage, the greatest god/goddess at the call center isn't going to solve your crappy end user phone experience.

Having said that, I'd go for whichever carrier doesn't drop Unlimited Data plans when the (yet to be released) '4G' iPhone arrives on the scene -- and provides good phone service.

I fear that with the increased speeds, the growth will be so substantial (everyone and their pet will have a smartphone, congesting local cell towers) that UL data will become a thing of the past, industry-wide. AT&T is showing no signs of reverting back to uncapped data plans.

But I don't know enough about the 4G (or whatever you want to call it) infrastructure that maybe UL data plans will be the norm once again.

I mean heck, how can Verizon and others show TV ads with folks streaming Netflix, or ESPN promoting their sports entertainment viewing by encouraging us to "call your local Telco Provider to watch it on your phone"? Overage charges would suck the lifeblood out of this marketing paradigm.

Then again, 10 or 15 (?) years from now, smartphone data plans may be an arcane product that was sold for about 20 or so years -- with [free] ubiquitous WiFi everywhere in place of it.

17. 2056 macrumors 6502

definitely verizon

my family is IN
    best coverage for where i'm located
    the customer service seems to be knowledgeable/helpful 99% of the time. when i had at&t, i would be transferred to another rep, disconnected, or they just didn't give me the correct info 70% of the time.

18. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I must say that I would stay with AT&T, I haven't had much problems at all and I've always been with them.

19. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I like to actually make & receive calls ... V.

20. Savor Suspended

Savor

AT&T because it has the largest GSM coverage in this country.

But in a perfect world where I live, I would use AT&T's network but w/ Verizon's signal strength/coverage and Sprint/TMobile's more reasonable pricing. I also like TMo's 24 hr C/S. Each carrier have their strengths and weaknesses.

21. shadrap macrumors 6502

The best phone, iPhone, on the best network, Verizon.

Nuff said.

22. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I have never had any major issues with AT&T during the 3+ years I have been with them. So I would stick with AT&T if the iPhone became available on any of the major U.S. carriers.

23. bid2ask77 macrumors regular

bid2ask77

24. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I'm sticking with AT&T which I've had no problems with.

As far as data goes, the speed is just fine. If AT&T doesn't roll out speeds as quick as the Sprint 4G that I've experienced on the Evo by the time iPhone 6 comes out, I just might switch.