Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Anybody find you always accidentally take screen shots? Mostly in the morning when switching the alarm off.

The flaw comes from the removal of the home button.

Reactions: Utilityloc

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Anybody find you always accidentally take screen shots? Mostly in the morning when switching the alarm off.

I repeatedly mistakenly take screenshots all the time. I have to go through my screenshots album to delete them every day.

rudyrov

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2018
Prague, Czech Republic
Never happened to me.
If it does happen to you there's a Siri shortcut to delete screenshots - just something to make the process of deleting accidental screenshots a bit quicker.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Never happened to me.
If it does happen to you there's a Siri shortcut to delete screenshots - just something to make the process of deleting accidental screenshots a bit quicker.

What is the shortcut? And how do you do it?

rudyrov

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2018
Prague, Czech Republic
What is the shortcut? And how do you do it?
Within the Shortcuts app (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shortcuts/id915249334?mt=8), add the shortcut for deleting the screenshots from the Gallery to your library. You can then access it within the shortcut app, widget or add a Siri command (maybe I'm wrong as I don't use Siri). It takes you to a screen with all your screenshots, you select the ones you don't want to keep and voila.

Gilligan's last elephant

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2016
The screenshot method on the Huawei P20 Pro is the easiest and quickest and never gives unwanted screenshot.
Just knock the screen with a knuckle twice.
Never fails.
And deleting a screenshot after is equally easy. Just tap File Manager icon on homescreen and you are in the screenshot folder after two quick additions icon taps.

internetrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2018
Texas
I used to take accidental screenshots all the time; pissed me off, honestly. Muscle memory changed and the problem went away. You will get used to it.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010

My alarm off is on the screen. I don’t take a screen shot when I turn off the alarm.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Apart from using the Stop button, I also just tell Siri to “turn off alarm” if I’ve Snoozed it.

Btw, anyone else notice Siri doesn’t say AM/PM when confirming an alarm? She works off 24 hour time as of an IOS update (12 I think).

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
The screenshot method on the Huawei P20 Pro is the easiest and quickest and never gives unwanted screenshot.
Just knock the screen with a knuckle twice.
Never fails.
And deleting a screenshot after is equally easy. Just tap File Manager icon on homescreen and you are in the screenshot folder after two quick additions icon taps.
This actually sounds really nice. Another possible method that would be better than what we currently have would be 3D touching with two fingers.

Care to explain how you end up screenshotting while turning off an alarm? As many have pointed out, the Stop button is on the display well away from either of the physical buttons required for a screenshot.

BlazingGold

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2014
Happens to me al the time, especially when changing the volume. I love my max, but it really is a design flaw. You shouldn’t have to strategically position your fingers to avoid taking a screenshot every time you want to change the volume

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I didn't even know you could stop your alarm with the side buttons. i usually just tap the snooze or stop button on the screen.

Reactions: Newtons Apple
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.