Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Got the iPhone X the day it came out and battery life was pretty good, though not amazing. But he seems to have gotten worse (very possibly something I'm doing but not sure. Below are screen shots from this morning, less than 5 hours after getting a full charge it was down to 53%. The Workouts app, Kindle app, and NYT app were all used the previous evening prior to the full charge and not at all today. I did do a couple of meetings for about 1 hour on the phone, listened to podcasts for about 15-20 minutes, and checked messages, RSS feed, Instagram, and Work email a couple of times, though those were very quick (used beatsx bluetooth headphones for the phone calls and podcasts). Only other factor is I have an Apple Watch, but have had it for a while. I used the watch this morning to do a spin class using Workout app on the watch, but did not use the phone. Thought I would throw this up to see if anyone has suggestions on what might be the main cause (based on the battery usage screen, given the big percentages were the previous day, it doesn't seem like half the battery should be gone). Curious if others experience similar, I know there is a decent amount of activity listed here so maybe this is normal (though my iPhone 6 did just as well), but thought I would check to see if maybe there is an issue here.

Thanks,
Peter

IMG_0607.jpg
IMG_0608.jpg
IMG_0609.jpg

Fille84

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2013
The GPS symbol is showing on all screenshots. Make sure that there's no app constantly using the GPS in the background.

pedz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Thanks, I'll check, but if that were the case would those apps show up as using the battery (e.g. google maps)?

pedz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Agree, you never do know, I'll take a look at what apps can use location services when not running.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
It looks like apps are using your location often. The LocationServices flag is telling you your location was recently pinged (an app or Find my Friends/iPhone).

It doesn't look like it's active. Also, your top two apps may require location services. So you get double battery penalty as you get CPU and GPS run time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.