Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zillah

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dear Experts

Recently I moved from Samsung Galaxy S7 to iphone x, and on my Samsung Galaxy S7 (android) I have been using my gmail account to save my contacts but on android there is an option to display contacts with phone numbers only.

Can I use the same feature on iphone X ?

I have read the thread below

https://apple.stackexchange.com/que...sible-to-only-see-contacts-with-phone-numbers

But I couldn't make it work

Thanks

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I’m not aware you can filter contacts by the fact that they have or don’t a phone on them using iPhone OS.

The only type of filter is groups filter which you sort certain contacts by groups.

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
I organize my contacts from the google contacts web page. I have created groups to organize them but the only one that is important is "my contacts". Only contacts that are under "my contacts" will show up on the iPhone.

So what you can do is go through all your contacts and remove the ones you don't want to show from "my contacts"

zillah

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Only contacts that are under "my contacts" will show up on the iPhone.
I did create a group on my gmail web interface that includes contacts with phone numbers only
How can I let iphone to download this group ?
Thx

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
I did create a group on my gmail web interface that includes contacts with phone numbers only
How can I let iphone to download this group ?
Thx

ALL contacts that that have "my contacts" will show up on the phone. The iPhone doesn't care about any other group. if you want a contact tp shoe up make sure it is added to "my contacts" if you don't want it t show up uncheck "my contacts" under that contact.

like this

Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 5.20.08 PM.png

If you want it to show up add it like this

Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 5.20.51 PM.png

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Whilst it doesn't answer you question, it may be worth noting that there is a very good reason for showing contacts without a number. An iMessage or FaceTime account doesn't necessarily require a number. Yet they can contact you, or you can contact them like any other contact. It is fully integrated which is nice :)

zillah

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Thanks Vermifuge
[doublepost=1517131042][/doublepost]
Whilst it doesn't answer you question, it may be worth noting that there is a very good reason for showing contacts without a number. An iMessage or FaceTime account doesn't necessarily require a number. Yet they can contact you, or you can contact them like any other contact. It is fully integrated which is nice
Thanks for sharing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.