Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OneZweiThree

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Bavaria
hey Folks,

Im looking for an iPhone X case, where all four sides of the steel frame are exposed.
So it should basically only wrap around all four corners and and the entire back.

Does anyone know of something like this?

Thanks for your help!

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Definitely similar, but I would like the sides to be even more open. Basically like the apple silicone case has the bottom opening, but on all four sides.
Hmm, that might be hard to find.

I know you wanted the back covered, but presuming that's to guard the camera, then maybe these will be ok?

OneZweiThree

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Bavaria
Hmm, that might be hard to find.

I know you wanted the back covered, but presuming that's to guard the camera, then maybe these will be ok?

I saw those, but they aren’t really that great looking in my opinion.

The Pitaka case for the galaxy s8 is the closest thing, that I’ve found. Because of the curved screen, the case only covers a tiny bit of the sides. But obviously that’s for the wrong phone ;-)

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
hey Folks,

Im looking for an iPhone X case, where all four sides of the steel frame are exposed.
So it should basically only wrap around all four corners and and the entire back.

Does anyone know of something like this?

Thanks for your help!

Do you mean something like my iPad case...
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/best-iphone-x-cases-merged.2066182/page-45#post-25444869

If so, that's exactly what i'm after too.

Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Case-5-8-DesignSkin-Corner/dp/B076HHQMKZ

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Well what do we have here?!

At first glance, the corners seemed a bit bulky/unsightly, but on closer inspection, that's only because the rest of the case is non-existent on the edges & feather-thin on the top/bottom.

2 reviews thus far give it the thumbs up. Hopefully more pop up & don't reveal any skimping on the quality of the case.

& it ships to Australia!

Thanks very much for the link. This one's a contender. :D

Btw, the clear version may be of interest in the clear case thread.

Last edited:

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
That’s exactly what I’m looking for! Thank you very much!
Did you end up getting it? If so, how is it?

Noticed a few more reviews pop up on Amazon saying fingerprints show up on the back (not a huge deal), & that the front isn't protected as the pictures show, which doesn't make sense...(vague review...taking it with a grain of salt)..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.