Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Cases

• Total voters

BEASTthisIndustry

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2017
Screen: Maxboost 3pk Tempered Glass (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073DLZWX7/)
Case: Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074CN5CFK/)

Easily the best case for giving high-grade protection while retaining the iPhone X's natural beauty, the buttons feel wonderful, and I like that MaxBoost because: first, it's very high-quality considering it's low cost ($9.99), and it includes a guide that makes it just about impossible to do anything other than a perfect install.

Reactions: cmeisenzahl

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
I've brought a ton of cases because I like switch it up often. But Im currently using a knock off Apple silicone case by Torres. I have a liquid clear spigen on the way. I'll probably rocked that when it arrives so I can show off the silver's beauty.

Reactions: cmeisenzahl

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have an Apple leather and an Apple silicone.
I'm returning my Apple silicone case. First off its expensive, secondly it was kind of a dust magnet, thirdly, it wasn't offering much projection.

I opted as you probably seen, a Spigen Tough Armor. One thing I like about that is its less slippery in my hands then the silicone case.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
I got my Spigen Tough Armor case (gun metal colored) and here's some of my thoughts regarding the case.

Its a bit bulkier then I was expecting. It does add a little more weight to the phone, but nothing like a otterbox which makes it even heavier imo.

The squared off edges were more pronounced then I was thinking they were would. They do make the phone a bit more holdable and after a day of usage, I've largely forgotten about it. The Slim Armor has rounded edges which follow the contour of the phone better but I was think those edges provide better protection.

The front is nice, the rubberized portion of the case sticks out just enough to offer protection but not enough to really impact usage.

The cutout for the camera shows some nice depth for protection.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the case, I purchased it on Amazon for about 17 dollars, a far cry from the 35 Spigen is charging. That being said, given the lower price, I may order the Slim Armor and compare the two.

One thing I do like about this case is that its not likely to slip out of my hands which may be something that could happen with rounded corners.

Is the Apple logo completely exposed or is there a clear layer of plastic covering it like on the Otterbox Defender?

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Vajacases
Piel Frama
Issentiel
Noreve
Lucrin
Mulberry
Mujjo
Shinola
Nodus
Castello DaVarg
Kavaj
Calypso
Hard Graft
https://happerstudio.com
Pad & Quill
Sena
Pack & Smooch
Portenzo
Smythson
Valextra
Bellroy
Knomo
Killspencer
Stilgut
Camalen

and the Best for me is beyzacase the quality and price are good!
this case looks like beyzacase to :
WIIUKA Echt Ledertasche "PURE" Apple iPhone X Hülle im Slim Design Schwarz Rot extra Dünn Premium Leder Tasche

Mulberry iPhone X case available yet?

sumiregusa

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
I'm returning my Apple silicone case. First off its expensive, secondly it was kind of a dust magnet, thirdly, it wasn't offering much projection.

I opted as you probably seen, a Spigen Tough Armor. One thing I like about that is its less slippery in my hands then the silicone case.

True story I only love my Apple Silicone case cos it's the first one I ever had, I like the ultra violet color, and it was free. It's a purely for aesthetics case IMO.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I've brought a ton of cases because I like switch it up often. But Im currently using a knock off Apple silicone case by Torres. I have a liquid clear spigen on the way. I'll probably rocked that when it arrives so I can show off the silver's beauty.
Which Torres case? Got photos?
[doublepost=1510356700][/doublepost]
Apple keath

I have:

Caudabe Lucid Clear
Apple Leather Folio Black
Apple Silicone case Black
Tozo Lightweight Matte White (on order)

I like them all equally, but each serve a different purpose.
Got photos of the black silicone? Thanks.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
the leather does take some time to get used to. the slick will wear off once the oils from your hand build up onto the case. i had 3 over a 2yr period for my iPhone 6 and all felt great. the saddle brown was my favorite but thinking this time going with the charcoal with my space gray iPX.

As far as drop protection how has the apple leather case performed?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
As far as drop protection how has the apple leather case performed?

dropped all 3 leather cases I had from getting out of my truck onto cement and the phoned fared well. it's 3yrs old and my iPhone 6 is still mint. the cases all had a good scuff on the corner it was dropped on but as I used it, the scuff rounded itself out. all in all, performed very well for my standards. no damaged phone.

also, even with the bottom exposed - I have zero wear on my iPhone from it being exposed. never an issue there.

Reactions: bruinsrme

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Fyi, this is how I want a case manufacturer to design their product for the X.

Front lip on corners only, with case still creeping up along the sides, but not rolling up over the edge so it's easier to grasp in the hand...
48286794-C98A-492D-9F97-78E850A443E9.jpeg
If anyone's seen a case like this, let me know. :D

asuandy

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013

asuandy

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
How is it? I am going for the Silver iPhone X unless I find it easier to get the Space Grey one asap. I prefer something to go with Silver, but this is a very solid case for my Note 8 as of now.
If you like it on your 8, you’ll probably like it on your X. I had it on my 7 Plus and it was my favorite case. My only gripe is that the buttons have weird cutouts around them that could let dirt/dust in. Not sure why they changed the design.

asuandy

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I'm thinking about getting this. If I got a good screen protector, would I be set in terms of protection?
I have a screen protector on and the edges of the case come right up to it without effecting it, leaving very little of the screen exposed. I would say it’s decent protection, but it’s not an Otterbox.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Getting the X in a few weeks and not sure about staying loyal to the Otterbox Symmetry or going with a Speck Presidio Grip... (is the latter thinner?)

Also worried about hitting the lips while swiping on the home indicator...(both in portrait and landscape mode)

Not sure if someone has answered you yet. The grip is definitely thinner but it’s hard to get out of pockets due to the rubber ridges. The symmetry impressed me with its mattee finish and protection. Definitely thicker though. I might get it for times when I feel the phone is in danger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.