Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blubz

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2014
North Carolina
Not sure if it’s been posted yet but has anyone else noticed a really slow charge on their iPhone X? Figured it might be my anker cable but then I switched to the Apple cable and it’s no better.

Reactions: GoNick

blubz

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2014
North Carolina
I’m now using a usb-c to lighting cable and my MacBook port to charge. It’s a lot faster this way. But damn, only 5% in 30 mins with the regular cable is pretty bad.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
I have 3 samsung Qi chargers. If you buy one, make sure it says fast charge on it. 2 of mine say fast charge, and they worked perfectly. The third one, does not have that writing on it, and it would not charge.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
I am using USB type C and it only charges when its OFF but when I turn it on it gets stuck at the % it was at when I turned it on. restore is done 100%, really dont know what is going on

Iaaaaan

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Stuck on 78% for the past 30 mins. Let’s see if there’s any patterns.

Updated to 11.1
Restored from 11.1 backup
Using fast charger (anker)
Rebooted phone

Same issue.

Hurlshow

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2017
Same here seems quite slow, but it is charging. I wonder how much better it would be with the iPad charger.

I tried with iPad charger and no faster.. still way slower then my 6S
[doublepost=1509763776][/doublepost]
Yes it’s slow, but are you guys still restoring from backup? I thought that may be the issue

I setup iPhone X as new and have the same slow charge issue

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas
I spent the doe for a Lightning to Usb C charging cable from best buy and a Quick charge PowerADD brick from amazon Poweradd Quick Charge 3.0 USB Wall Charger with USB C Output, Foldable Plug for iPhone X / 8 / 8 Plus, iPad, Galaxy S8 / S7, Note 5 / 4, LG, Nexus, HTC and More Charging fine for me.
[doublepost=1509766409][/doublepost]
A fast charger is a luxury item not an essential item.
Agree. Samsung gives away accessories to sale a phone. Apple doesn't have to make that sacrifice yet.

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
Like others said, it’s not the battery or cable.

It’s us.

New toy that I’ve been on literally nonstop from 2pm til now, 1130pm. It’s been plugged in all day and still at 75%.

Also, it’s been indexing and filing a ton of iCloud photos and files as well.

modernmoments

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2012
I spent the doe for a Lightning to Usb C charging cable from best buy and a Quick charge PowerADD brick from amazon Poweradd Quick Charge 3.0 USB Wall Charger with USB C Output, Foldable Plug for iPhone X / 8 / 8 Plus, iPad, Galaxy S8 / S7, Note 5 / 4, LG, Nexus, HTC and More Charging fine for me.
[doublepost=1509766409][/doublepost]
Agree. Samsung gives away accessories to sale a phone. Apple doesn't have to make that sacrifice yet.
I don't think it's a sacrifice. I think Samsung actually does the right thing often by customers. I'm sorry, Apple is just doing this for more money.

Reactions: outsidethebox

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas
I don't think it's a sacrifice. I think Samsung actually does the right thing often by customers. I'm sorry, Apple is just doing this for more money.
Yes. Greedy just like most billion dollar companies. They should of also bundled the AirPods with a X. Since they didn’t and if I want these other items. I have to spend money to get them. The only way they would change. Would be if enough people chose to purchase other devices. I’m not ready to take that step yet. I’m willing to pay a little more to get what I want.

Reactions: outsidethebox
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.