iPhone X X Battery charging hasn't gone past 80%

iwayne

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Santa Clara, California
Setting up the iPhone X and it's been plugged into a fast charger(apple MacBook plug) for about an hour and it hasn't gone past 80%. Anyone else experiencing this? Waiting for the backup to finish downloading all my apps before restarting to see if it'll solve the issue

Reactions: jiehanzheng

cwosigns

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
I did. My apps are taking forever to download and I’m in the car so the screen brightness is high. I can’t break 90% using the regular charger attached to a Mophie juice pack.

lenard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Raleigh NC
If you are downloading apps at the same time as charging it will take a long time to charge and it varies with
what type of charger you are using..

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
Let the device finish what it’s doing. Mine was stuck around 80%, but I was also transferring over 9,000 songs and setting everything else up.

Once I was finished setting it up, it charged as expected.

Reactions: DeanLubaki

chhhrrriiisss

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
Connecticut
I know this might not be the right post for this but I'm curious if its okay to always use fast charging on the iPhone X or if its better on the battery to use the charger included in the box.

NightWingz

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
Mine was stuck at 83% even when it was plugged in to the 29W charger for hours.

Did a run down of the battery to re-calibrate hoping I do not have to make a trip down to Apple for exchange.

It is up to 94% now. Keeping my fingers crossed. Worried there might be higher chance of defect due to two batteries in the phone.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Mine took ages, too. It was syncing all my pictures in the background. After that it's been fine. But trying to wirelessly charge while doing this meant the phone just stalled at around 70% and never increased. After that was all done, it was fine. I recommend people leave their phones charging and come back later. It really can take a while with the iPhone X it seems.

clarencek

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2008
Mine is stuck at 81% but it’s also downloading photos and songs and movies.
Will leave it plugged in overnight.

iPhoneguy86

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2015
East Coast USA
Mine was stuck at 83% even when it was plugged in to the 29W charger for hours.

Did a run down of the battery to re-calibrate hoping I do not have to make a trip down to Apple for exchange.

It is up to 94% now. Keeping my fingers crossed. Worried there might be higher chance of defect due to two batteries in the phone.

How do you re-calibrate the battery what does that entail?

NightWingz

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
How do you re-calibrate the battery what does that entail?
It’s simply running the phone down till it shuts down and recharging it back up so the battery meter is in sync with the battery actual current charge.

Anyways, after I did that, the battery works as expected. Glad I do not have to exchange my set.

Reactions: Tommi Jon