Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
A potential bug, right now my iPhone X 256GB won’t charge over 82% it’s like stuck there, haven’t restarted yet because iCloud is still restoring. I hope this goes away after a restart, could also be a bug in iOS 11.1
there is your answer....

Reactions: Ntombi

macpro2017

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2017
Overall, I like my X. But when I put it side by side with my iPhone 6 Plus, it's not as bright and honestly, I can't tell the difference in the screen when it comes to safari, apps. There is a difference in video in favor of the X, but again, the actual video is smaller than the Plus screen.

Holy **** it's fast though.

QquegChristian

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
I was complaining about how the home swipe lacks any haptics... strangely, it has haptics ONLY when swiping from the bottom to dismiss the Control Center.

It should always have those haptics. Kind of seems like a bug.

iregret

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
I’m not a fan of the landscape keyboard. Hopefully there’ll be some updates that take advantage of the wide screen. I’m coming from a 7+.

It’s weird, after using plus sized models for several years, it feels strange to go back to a tall skinny model.

Kinda reminds me of going to an iPhone 5, from the 4.

I’m certainly not as upset as the OP is though. Chill out dude, it’s a phone.

Reactions: jbachandouris

jackchlaRT

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I didn’t like the yellowish tint so I turned off the true tone so it helped

I also wished it was maybe 1/4 inch or even half inch wider

I’m coming from a 6+ so I do miss the size but it’s only been half a day so we’ll see

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
can't get face ID to work on a desk but not a deal breaker for me.

Ahhh same here. My ONLY gripe. I want to glance over at my phone on my desk and have my notifications pop up.

I also redid my face scan since I know i did it half-assed setting up my phone in a hurry...still won't scan from a flat surface.
[doublepost=1509762285][/doublepost]
I didn’t like the yellowish tint so I turned off the true tone so it helped

I also wished it was maybe 1/4 inch or even half inch wider

I’m coming from a 6+ so I do miss the size but it’s only been half a day so we’ll see

As soon as I turned on the iPhone X, i was scared of that peepee yellow tint due to TrueTone. Immediately turned off. How can people stand that or deal with it?

Reactions: TroyJam

radiozoop

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2016
It's incredible that any kind of criticism of Apple or its products on this site results in so many people posting the same old, "Nothing's perfect". "Take it back". "You obviously are a troll".

Really simple: this is a forum and this is a valid topic for discussion. Because I dislike things about the X doesn't mean I hate the entire device or that I don't like anything about it. As I stated in my original post, I said I do like things about it.

And this also isn't just about being a consumer. It's about assessing the decisions a company makes about design, features, etc.

As I keep using the X, it's coming off weird: it's like a sliced up Plus in its implementation.

This is a Apple forum for Apple fans.

While criticism is certainly allowed (and in some cases warranted) you should not be surprised if you receive push back (which is also warranted and certainly not against the rules).

There are things I don't like about the X but the positives far outweigh the negatives. You have choices to make in this matter: Return the phone and buy an iPhone 8 or an older iteration; or switch off the platform entirely.

You shouldn't get mad if people respond to your criticisms with criticisms of their own.

Reactions: Shark5150

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Now that I've seen it in person I have confirmed that I don't like the notch when watching video. It's fine for some aspect ratios but utterly terrible in others. You either have an ugly cutout or a black box around a tiny video. I don't mind it otherwise. It's a very nice phone overall though and no device is absolutely perfect--just aligning with the spirit of this thread.

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
With this off it now works

62ccc8acc0af455cf390515c59c230a0.jpg

Dang, I tried taking your suggestion and turning that off but still no avail for me.

I did a 2nd face scan as well and really exaggerating my head turns in comparison to teh first scan.

I'll play around more with this tomorrow. Wish it'd be like the TouchID - where you can scan the same finger multiple times to eliminate errors. I was hoping we could do a few "extra" Face ID scans.

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
Before I complain, let me preface by saying I LOVE this new phone. My nit picks:

- The screen is way smaller than I expected. My games look TINY here, mainly because it does not spread them the full width, rather it adds bars on the right and left AND leaves space on the bottom for the home slider bar. I didn't anticipate that... hopefully it will be fixed as developers resize things for the X. However, at the present moment, compared to the 7SP, a lot of things are significantly smaller.

- I honestly don't miss the home button... sliding up is perfectly natural... EXCEPT in landscape mode. I have Apple's leather case on here, and sliding up while sideways is a right pain in the a$$.

RollinCoal

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2017
I really do not like the bottom app switcher scroll bar. I’ve read blogs stating that it easily fades away in the background to them. But for me I just wish it would literally fade away and become just another gesture.

Reactions: bogie66

piranhadonna

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2013
Chandler, Az
The only thing so far that I will complain about is the ringer. When receiving a call on both of our x’s you can barely here it even though it is turned all the way up.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
The size is too small for me, both screen and form factor. I’ve played with my husband’s 6 for years trying to get used to it, so I knew the X was going to be a problem. I was able to work with the keyboard okay.

Didn’t care for landscape mode.

The screen looks surreal which I think is awesome for movies and games, but a little odd for normal reading. The blacks seem to float, so other colors don’t seem to be on the same level. This actually makes the notch stand out to me even more when I was prepared to ignore it. Kind of hard to explain, but as someone who reads a lot on screen, it was noticeable.

It wasn’t too hard getting past the missing home button, but reaching in the corners to the control center and notifications was definitely a dislike.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Thanks for the heads up. This is a deal breaker for me as my phone sits on my desk all day and I don't pick it up while I use it.

Same. I also leave it off to one side and will only glance at it from an off center position. I can see my phone screen from a decent distance. The phone lays flat, I don’t want it on a stand, and if I’m in meetings, it wouldn’t be on a stand anyway. I’m good at looking at my phone without looking at it.

I’m going to have to get some friends to do some tests for me, but even if it is an issue, hopefully it will be nothing by the next release.

kingneptune117

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2014
Overall, I like my X. But when I put it side by side with my iPhone 6 Plus, it's not as bright and honestly, I can't tell the difference in the screen when it comes to safari, apps. There is a difference in video in favor of the X, but again, the actual video is smaller than the Plus screen.

Holy **** it's fast though.

Turn off auto-brightness and you will notice it will get much brighter. I did the same thing when comparing to my girlfriends 7, and then I realized that the auto-brightness is on by default. You need to turn that off before the phone will truly reach full brightness.

Reactions: myrtlebee

gdjsnyder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Swoyersville, PA
The only thing so far that I will complain about is the ringer. When receiving a call on both of our x’s you can barely here it even though it is turned all the way up.

That’s a feature that is turned on by default. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility and turn attention aware features off. This makes alerts and fingers much quieter when the phone knows you’re looking at it.

UKFan643

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
As soon as I turned on the iPhone X, i was scared of that peepee yellow tint due to TrueTone. Immediately turned off. How can people stand that or deal with it?

I loved TrueTone with my iPad Pro. Takes some getting used to but once you get used to it and then turn it off, you’ll immediately miss it. I always suggest people give it a few days of being on and then turn it off and decide which you like more. I’m so happy it’s on phones now.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
That’s concerning about the oled. My previous phone had an oled screen and it was like $60 (free cause I switched carriers). No odd tint or that. A small bleed of light but that was really it. Excuse me it was amoled but still...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.