iPhone X iPhone X discoloured appt on screen!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sarahjay84, Mar 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sarahjay84 macrumors newbie

Sarahjay84

Help! I have no idea what this spot is or how it’s happened!! Got it from my telco in Australia. Should I take it back there or to an Apple store? Has anybody else seen this and know the cause?!

Attached Files:

2. Relentless Power, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

My opinion, it’s either a separation with the laminate display from the OLED panel or it it looks like some sort type of water/moisture penetrated the display. I don’t know Australia’s return policies, but you could try returning it if you’re under 14 days from the retailer or have Apple inspect it with a genius appointment.

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

4. Rattle Snake Suspended

Let me just educate you. Since it's an iPhone X it has a OLED display not LCD?

5. Sarahjay84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sarahjay84

Thanks to those that replied! I took it back to my telco and they will send it back for repair/replacement under warranty :)

6. SRLMJ23, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018

SRLMJ23 macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

You should have taken it to Apple, you would have gotten a new iPhone X right then. It would come in the "coffin case" but those refurb iPhones go through a more rigorous inspection than new iPhones, at least that is what I have heard.

I got a refurb iPhone 5s, because the TouchID on it stopped working but I was way past the 14 days. It was more like two months or so. I asked Apple if I could have a brand new one, but they would not go for it...figured it was worth a chance to ask, haha.

Anyway, good luck with your iPhone X!

:apple:

7. Sarahjay84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sarahjay84

I’d love to take it to an Apple store instead but I live 5 hours away haha. Don’t know when I’ll be there next either unfortunately :-(