iPhone X Iphone X goes totally unresponsive?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pr0netflix, Feb 27, 2018.

1. pr0netflix macrumors newbie

Hi friends, i have my Iphone X for like two months and i have this problem happening. I always update the software. The first time like after week of usage the phone went totaly unresponsive. When i tried to unlock it absolutely nothing, no side button. I force- restarted it. While using the apps, a few times random apps that i was using totaly froze, again, till a point where nothing icluding the side button works. But they usually fix themself after 3-4 seconds. Siri crashed a couple of times as well. Then the phone got frozen black unresponsive till force restart once or two times more. I factory erased the device from settings, a few days later the 4rth froze-blackout thing happened. I kept working till about maybe two weeks ago when i performed factory erase again- because apps again were crashing- when i erased the device from settings i forgot my passcode so i had to got to a friend and he restored it (reinstalled the IOS) from his laptop. He told me that gave my device a fresh restart, and ever since it goes faster and no problems. Maybe it was something with the firmware? But yesterday it shut frozen all over again and it could force restart at the first time only on the second? Am i so unlucky to buy a broken iphone? I mean its only been two months, i am afraid i may have to resotre with itunes again. I am from Bulgaria and we have no apple store here, however i bought it from the biggest tech market in the country (Technomarket) which is authorized by apple and i have warranty. I am afraid they will inspect the device and wont do anything since this problem only happens randomly, so i have no proof to show them, unless i wait it to become unresponsive again and bring it like that to the shop. What do you think is causing the problem and have you expirianced anything like this?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

3. pr0netflix thread starter macrumors newbie

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Respring is when your iPhone restarts Springboard (main homescreen) in the event there is a crash of the OS.

5. pr0netflix thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, the apps crashed like in total 3-4 times during the entire almost 2 month period, everytime it frezes for like 2 seconds and sends me back to the home screen, if thats what you are asking, Apart from that once siri went unresponsive and froze for 2-3 seconds and than she wasnt talking to me just texting untill i restarted the device. Apart from that (and the unresponsive device) no nothing else happened. As i mentioned in other thread the devices is restored so the problem doesnt seem to be fixing like that.

6. FRVES macrumors member

FRVES

--- Post Merged, Feb 27, 2018 ---
    I have been having issues. Last week Apple replaced the phone as it was locking up and unresponsive. With the new one, there is something wrong with the screen as it does not work when trying to review 'Live" photos. Apple Store visit this evening.

7. pr0netflix thread starter macrumors newbie

Thing is there is no Apple store in my country, i have to go to the tech store i bought it from. Or i can call apple and probably mail it to them but i am not sure they will accept it like that since its not bought directly from apple. I plan if it goes unreponsive again, i wont force restart it, instead i will bring it in this condtiion to the tech store and will figure out whats going on, because otherwise they'll have no proof of what really is going on.
    But i really loved my device apart from those problems it will be sad for me if they replace it. :(

8. klooney macrumors regular

I have the exact same problem. Just installed 11.3 beta 3, hopefully it will help. Apple store said it was a software issue and restored the phone both times.

9. FRVES macrumors member

FRVES

Another iPhone X Exchange... The 3D Touch function was bad.

10. mtenuta macrumors member

Same issue here I just posted in the forum on my second phone and getting the same thing!

11. pr0netflix thread starter macrumors newbie

No apple store here in my country so no chance anyone would change mine. I called apple services they asked me to turn to apple authorized service in the country. They have said its softoware issue and offered itunes resotre. I told them i already did that they simply raised their hands. Guess i'll pray it won't black out again. I wish there was apple store around.