Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
So here is another YouTube video which shows the X has a much better battery than an IPhone 8 Plus . But I know the 8 plus and etc. owners are going to find a way to say the test is faulty. But I’ll just leave this here for discussion.

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
My experience in having this phone for 5 or 6 days now is that it is not as good as my 7 Plus yet. It's not bad but it's not as good. One test doesn't = truth. I'd say it's about 87% as good as my 7 Plus.

Ok. Here’s another one.

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
I had the IPhone 7 Plus and the X definitely has better battery life for me, could you guys be using the phone more than usual because it’s new and your trying all the new features.

ulinerg

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
I had the IPhone 7 Plus and the X definitely has better battery life for me, could you guys be using the phone more than usual because it’s new and your trying all the new features.
In my case there might be a little of that going on. Also I haven't let the battery go all the way down. So it might be a calibration issue as well.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
So here is another YouTube video which shows the X has a much better battery than an IPhone 8 Plus . But I know the 8 plus and etc. owners are going to find a way to say the test is faulty. But I’ll just leave this here for discussion.

X user here

My battery from yesterday

47e193166699ef9de98cb5c6cea75837.jpg

Reactions: Seth Matthews

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
My 7+ still had better battery after almost one year than how the X feels right now.
And I‘m really surprised by how bad the 8+ performs.

Last edited:

Sean76

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2013
NYC
We knew it would happen...

More BS towards the plus phones

I have had all the plus phones and I will just come out and say...no!

The X is not even close to any of the plus phones battery life. Those phones are plain and simple made for a power user. Granted all the ones I have had needed to calibrate and got better after a few days, and once they did it was a no contest.

As for the X, the battery life was horrible the first 2 days, and now after a few cycles is doing better. But it’s not anywhere near close to my plus.

Will the X get better over time? I mean I don’t see why not, but it won’t take me into plus battery life territory.

The X is a phone, it’s not a mini lap top like the plus is or the note is. The X is in iPhone (reg) territory. Yes it’s a new design and offers some crazy and fantastic features, but it’s not on the level of a plus or one of the really heavy hitters when your talking about battery life. The best is the report that came out today saying the X has a better screen than the note8...lmfaooooo!

Either way, final answer is that No the X is not a contender to the plus in battery life.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

The X is not even close to any of the plus phones battery life. Those phones are plain and simple made for a power user. Granted all the ones I have had needed to calibrate and got better after a few days, and once they did it was a no contest.

As for the X, the battery life was horrible the first 2 days, and now after a few cycles is doing better. But it’s not anywhere near close to my plus.

Will the X get better over time? I mean I don’t see why not, but it won’t take me into plus battery life territory.

The X is a phone, it’s not a mini lap top like the plus is or the note is. The X is in iPhone (reg) territory. Yes it’s a new design and offers some crazy and fantastic features, but it’s not on the level of a plus or one of the really heavy hitters when your talking about battery life. The best is the report that came out today saying the X has a better screen than the note8...lmfaooooo!

Either way, final answer is that No the X is not a contender to the plus in battery life.
each to their own

My X destroys the battery life I got with the 7 plus.

Reactions: Seth Matthews

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
I would assume the larger model phones (Plus) would have better battery life simply due to the size of the battery available in the phone. That said, as long as the phone can last through the day on one charge I'm happy. It's not difficult to charge the phone at night. I don't need a phone that can last days, just about 12-14 hours.

But, comparing my iPhone 7 Plus to my X the X wins big time in the battery life category. When I upgraded my 7 Plus to the new iOS I lost about 30% battery life in a day (zero change in use).

MrMac2015

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2015

you know the battery on the X has a larger capacity right?

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
I would assume the larger model phones (Plus) would have better battery life simply due to the size of the battery available in the phone. That said, as long as the phone can last through the day on one charge I'm happy. It's not difficult to charge the phone at night. I don't need a phone that can last days, just about 12-14 hours.

But, comparing my iPhone 7 Plus to my X the X wins big time in the battery life category. When I upgraded my 7 Plus to the new iOS I lost about 30% battery life in a day (zero change in use).
Just pointing out the X is a slightly bigger battery than the 8 plus. Slightly.

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014

Let’s me first say that I had all the Plus phones as well except for the 8 plus. I’ve also had the All the Note phones, including the 7 temporarily (burn gate) lol and the 8. And sorry to say but the Note line of phones is a mini computer it even has Samsung Dex which acts like a real computer when hooked up to a monitor. The Plus series is more of a phablet than mini computer. How much different is it than the regular model anyway? Better camera, better screen, and bigger battery and a small percentage more of processing power. It’s. It like it has 6 gbs of ram or something.

Don’t get me wrong I went back and forth between Android for awhile but the 6 plus was the first phone to make me stick around for long term. The 8 is a great phone and had Apple shaved down the bezels, gave it a higher resolution screen, face unlock, and gestures I would have at least considered it. But without those it just seems like a IPhone 7 Plus with wireless charging which to me is a dumb feature, I mean the charging pad is still connected to a wall.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I have both, the X has good battery, but not close to the Plus model. Even Apple gives the 8 Plus better battery life, so not sure OP's point.

That’s my experience as well. My 8+ has a bit more endurance.

It’s also worth noting that battery life is greatly impacted by signal strength and apps refreshing in the background.

crawltochina

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
Couldn't it be possible that all of the battery tests in the YouTube Videos forget one thing: FACE ID!? Despite the bigger battery i get less battery power out of my X compared to my 8+ before. And i think that is because Face ID with infrared and stuff unlocking my phone many times a day needs much power.

Reactions: Sumter
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.