iPhone X has so many bugs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xRYD3Rx, Nov 6, 2017.

1. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

I have the Silver 256gb model great device however I noticed a lot of bugs which should be a software issue.

When I type the world "I" in like snapchat messages a square box appears with a question mark in it not sure why? Noticed a lot of apps are not compatible with the iPhone x screen yet.

Still getting use to the multitasking, face ID … I upgraded from a iPhone 7+ but the iPhone X feels like a complete new phone for me.

2. Cutiekitty92 macrumors 68000

Cutiekitty92

This is just something that will change over time. And yes it is a completely different phone just takes some getting used to. I’m more annoyed that FaceID doesn’t work with sunglasses though they said it would?!

3. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Apps not being optimised isn’t a bug. That takes time

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Your thread title isn't exactly matching what you're talking about. You're saying the iPhone X has so many bugs, but is actually some of the applications you're referring to like Snapchat and other third party applications are not compatible. They eventually will be.

5. xRYD3Rx thread starter macrumors 6502

I wasn't sure if its a iOS software issue or an application not being compatible. Looks like a lot of the apps are not compatible.

6. ukms macrumors regular

ukms

"lot of bugs" ? .... you've mentioned a snapchat issue can you enlighten us on the rest ?

7. xRYD3Rx thread starter macrumors 6502

1.Taking a picture during text messaging always take it as LIVE photo even when the live photo option is turned off.
    2. Everything I go into messages on iPhone messages on my macbook pro pops up on the bottom corner not sure why this is happening as i turned messages off on the macbook.
    3. When music is playing in the music app and when the phone locks the music turns off as well.
    4. Majority of the most used apps are not full screen or compatible with iPHONE x.
    5. Face ID works 75% of the time.

I will add more to list as I remember

Again its a beautiful device nothing wrong with the looks of the phone.
    But I think at the moment there are a lot of software issues with it.

8. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

At least most/all of them can be fixed via software updates.

Don't take this the wrong way, but reading things like this makes me feel better, since I will most likely not have my X for another month or two, when hopefully many of these bugs are squished & more Apps are X-compatible.

9. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

Ummm, it is a new phone...literally, and iOS on the X is necessarily different.

10. bpeeps, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017

bpeeps macrumors 68030

bpeeps

1. Turn Live Photo preserve settings option off along with Live Photos.
    2. Not an issue. Change your settings.
    3. No it doesn’t.
    4. This is not a bug. And it’s not unique to the X. iPhone 5 and 6+ had same slow rollouts of updated apps.
    5. Anecdotal cherry picking.
    6. This post is dumb.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Must be your particular glasses as my Costa sunglasses with a blue mirror finish work every time.

12. meikdunj macrumors regular

I’m struggling to figure exactly what the ‘bugs’ you are referring too are. Apart from app optimisiation (which will come) the X is a joy to use. Re. FaceID I’ve never had an issue, it works brilliantly.

13. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

From the list, it’s clear the problem is you, not the phone.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My Faceid is not working consistently, and there was a thread floating around stating the same thing. Please don't dismiss some issues as user error or cherry picking. I find FaceID to be slower and less reliable then TouchID ever was.

15. jumpman5678 macrumors member

The square box when typing “I” is an iOS bug. Apple is aware of it, and is creating a fix. It’s odd because I wasn’t having the issue, and then it just popped up out of nowhere. Now, it appears it’s gone again. Do a google search though, and you’ll notice you’re not alone.

16. Cutiekitty92 macrumors 68000

Cutiekitty92

May I ask has this made you have some doubts over the x?

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, just that it can be a tad tedious to keep looking at the phone to unlock, or finally typing in my code. FaceID is a cool feature, when it works but at least for my usage, its not been very reliable.

18. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

The bugs listed are user error. Why would you jump in and defend someone whose points are indefensible?

1. Photo issue is because they have not selected preserve settings. This is true for all iOS devices.

2. They have enabled handoff on their Mac, and then don’t like seeing it working. User error again.

3. Everyone knows music keeps playing in Apple’s music app after the screen locks. This is user error or a lie.

4. The vast majority of apps ARE compatible with iPhone X, they just need to be optimized for the screen. If they weren’t compatible, they would crash or fail to launch.

5. FaceID works more often than TouchID for me. Based on this persons list, I promise you they are lying or doing something wrong because of an inability to understand simple consumer technology.

19. maflynn, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017

maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's the thing, I'm using it as directed and its simply not functioning with a high level of consistency. Why blame me for something that is out of my control

Here's the thread I mentioned earlier: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/faceid-missing-80-of-the-time.2084403/
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2017 ---
    Let me just add, that the knee jerk reaction seems to be, when someone points out a feature that is not working as expected, the crowd mentality is to blame the person. I've seen this here at MacRumors, whether we're talking about the GPU failing in the 2011 MBPs, or the display coating flaking off MBPs, or the antenna issue on the iPhone 4, or the plus sized phone bending. In every one of those situations people were blamed for the issue, they were holding it wrong, or using it wrong, or cleaning it wrong, but in every one of those cases it was the product failing them, not the user.

20. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

My wife was having a problem with FaceID not recognizing her when she wasn’t wearing glasses. We reset it and set it up again a couple of times with and without glasses. She kept having false negatives (where it wouldn’t recognize her). After a day, she realized that when she wasn’t wearing her glasses, she was holding the phone a lot closer to her face, and that’s when it wouldn’t unlock. Now that she knows that, she’s been holding it further away and not having any problems.

I started using my phone at 10am Friday, and it failed to unlock for me once. Other than that, it worked flawlessly for me all weekend.

I’m not saying their are instances where it won’t work correctly, but I don’t buy that it only works 75% of the time as the OP claims.

21. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

I'm not disputing the fact that different users have setup their Face ID better/worse than others, but you have to admit that some people really are scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to finding issues, almost to the point where you'd think they don't own the phone and are just repeating stuff they have read elsewhere.

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I really don't need to admit anything ;)

I'm just focused on what's affecting my usage and enjoyment of the phone. Overall its been a great experience. The facid issue can be tedious, and its an issue on an otherwise great experience. I've reset the facid as per another thread, and I'm hoping that improves the accuracy.

23. pop2video macrumors newbie

Apple to release software update to solve iPhone issue when typing the letter ‘i’, here’s a workaround fix
    https://9to5mac.com/2017/11/06/apple-typing-letter-a-i-autocorrect-bug-ios-fix/

24. Nozuka macrumors 68020

can't confirm any of those issues, except of course a few apps not using the full screen. but they work fine otherwise.

i'm actually suprised how well it works, after all those problems i had with 11.0 ...

25. Jesla macrumors 6502a

Jesla

wow... even Mods aren't safe from fanboy beatdowns.

This site is becoming more and more irrelevant for helping people with iPhone issues.

The inmates are truly running the prison. Too bad Arn refuses to lay down the law with
    respect to civility here.