Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The iPhone X officially landed in 13 more countries on Friday, with launches in Albania, Bosnia, Cambodia, Kosovo, Macau, Macedonia, Malaysia, Montenegro, Serbia, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, and Turkey.

In the countries and territories listed, Apple's latest smartphone is being sold exclusively by authorized third-party resellers and carriers, with the exception of Turkey - where Apple has a retail presence in Zorlu Center and Akasya Ac?badem - and Macau, where an Apple store is based at Galaxy Macau. Apple's flagship device also became available to customers in Israel on Thursday for the first time.

iphonexcolors-800x573.jpg

The iPhone X is also available to buy through regional online Apple stores in Malaysia (from RM 5,149), South Korea (from ?1,420,000), Thailand (from ?40,500), and Turkey (from 6.099 TL), with prices varying depending on local currencies. Apple appears to have made provisions for launch day availability in the above countries, with online shipping estimates at 1 to 3 business days at the time of writing.

Over the last couple of days, iPhone X shipping estimates have improved to around 1-2 weeks in the U.S. and Canada, and across Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, where the iPhone X has been available since November 3. Early iPhone X rumors had suggested the device would be available in severely limited numbers until well into next year, but the balance between supply and demand appears to be leveling worldwide.

In related news, according to a report on Thursday in the London Metro, Apple's offices in South Korea were "raided" earlier this week by state regulators. The article reports that authorities visited Apple's Seoul offices and questioned the company's business practices.

The raid is said to be part of an ongoing probe that was launched after Apple took action to address local authorities' concerns about unfair contracts that the company had with South Korean firms commissioned to repair its devices. However, the incident has led some to question whether South Korean authorities are trying to hamper the success of iPhone X in the region, which is home to rival Samsung.

Lee Jae-yong, acting chairman of Samsung, was jailed for five years for corruption in August 2017. He was charged with bribery, perjury and other crimes following an investigation which led to the impeachment of South Korea's then-president, Park Geun-hye. Also known as Jay Y Lee, the 49-year-old business magnate was accused of making payments in exchange for political favors.

Article Link: iPhone X Launches in 13 More Countries

Reactions: Avieshek

Avieshek

Suspended
Dec 7, 2013
India
Out-of-Stock in India.

And they are launching to more countries. What is this? What game are they playing that stocks yet is not updated months after launch in India and shipping estimates is atleast 1-2 weeks elsewhere as in U.S. Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc but Out-of-stock from day one in India?

"No matter how clever the fox is, it doesn't replace a lion with it's games."

Last edited:

Avieshek

Suspended
Dec 7, 2013
India
I just like facts and not made up stuff, that's all.
I thought, just as I would start mention, one would automatically start the search engine themselves before dropping an avid reply since, someone seldom gets to make a random conversation regarding from India and therefore wouldn't indulge without knowing and it would be inappropriate to say how to use the internet. Other than that, I myself is one of the customers and retail chains like iZenica is where you can directly make a phone call. How 'm I suppose to link a face to face conversation from distributors themselves, it's people that handle distribution not everything can be on the internet. Since, you mention the said lines, I take you not as a troll. You can also check, Amazon India & Flipkart, the online orders never started for anyone to confirm, they are in Pre-order status from day one. I come from Guwahati but our business is also at Delhi and there's no stock. There no notification when the next stock can be expected. Nothing. This is ridiculous. This is not the case anywhere across the world and everybody is aware, afterall it's the age of internet.

Last edited:

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
I thought, just as I would start mention, one would automatically start the search engine themselves before dropping an avid reply since, someone seldom gets to make a random conversation regarding from India and therefore wouldn't indulge without knowing and it would be inappropriate to say how to use the internet. Other than that, I myself is one of the customers and retail chains like iZenica is where you can directly make a phone call. How 'm I suppose to link a face to face conversation from distributors themselves, it's people that handle distribution not everything can be on the internet. Since, you mention the said lines, I take you not as a troll. You can also check, Amazon India & Flipkart, the online orders never started for anyone to confirm, they are in Pre-order status from day one. I come from Guwahati but our business is also at Delhi and there's no stock. There no notification when the next stock can be expected. Nothing. This is ridiculous.

I do understand that supply for iPhone X may be pretty low in India but you came up with pretty concrete figure. You said 400 iPhone X. I wasn’t disputing that,just asking a source of this since you seemed to be sure. I think no one would know for sure apart from Apple themselves how many units they did supply in India, regardless of the connection you may have on the retail chains over there.

Avieshek

Suspended
Dec 7, 2013
India
I do understand that supply for iPhone X may be pretty low in India but you came up with pretty concrete figure. You said 400 iPhone X. I wasn’t disputing that,just asking a source of this since you seemed to be sure. I think no one would know for sure apart from Apple themselves how many units they did supply in India, regardless of the connection you may have on the retail chains over there.
Considering your humble reply. I'll take that as you may pose. I have no links to argue that. Edited the original. The number has another zero> 4000

Last edited:

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
I’m sure Apple would be perfectly happy to sell as many iPhone X in India as people are willing to buy. This is not some effort to deliberately restrict shipments, in order to decrease their sales figures.

Is it possible that politics and corruption are playing a part?

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Whoa, Korean officials raiding Apple? It makes no sense for them to do that on Samsung’s behalf considering how much money Samsung as a whole makes from its contracts with Apple. The main thing a customer sees when looking at an IPhone X is a Samsung display. There must be another reason, one would hope.

Avieshek

Suspended
Dec 7, 2013
India
I’m sure Apple would be perfectly happy to sell as many iPhone X in India as people are willing to buy. This is not some effort to deliberately restrict shipments, in order to decrease their sales figures.

Is it possible that politics and corruption are playing a part?
Nope. This could be their own experiments of creating a sensation and a culture.

Last edited:

wesley96

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Speaking of South Korea, Apple Korea has done its best on its own to hamper the success of iPhone X just fine. ₩1,630,000 for the 256GB model? With current exchange rate at ₩1,086/US$, that’s equivalent to $1,500 for the $1,149 device. Even considering the VAT it’s still more than $210 higher than it should be.

Meanwhile, the neighbouring country of Japan has it at ¥129,800 plus tax. At the exchange rate of ¥111.4/US$, the price is a much more reasonable US$1,165. Since foreign visitors get tax exemption and I can book a round-trip flight or ship to Japan for less than $200 sometimes, I could actually buy one for less even with the trip included if I tried. Seriously, what the hell, Apple Korea? No wonder I can buy one off the Apple Korea website and get it by early next week.

Reactions: haruhiko

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Speaking of South Korea, Apple Korea has done its best on its own to hamper the success of iPhone X just fine. ₩1,630,000 for the 256GB model? With current exchange rate at ₩1,086/US$, that’s equivalent to $1,500 for the $1,149 device. Even considering the VAT it’s still more than $210 higher than it should be.

Meanwhile, the neighbouring country of Japan has it at ¥129,800 plus tax. At the exchange rate of ¥111.4/US$, the price is a much more reasonable US$1,165. Since foreign visitors get tax exemption and I can book a round-trip flight or ship to Japan for less than $200 sometimes, I could actually buy one for less even with the trip included if I tried. Seriously, what the hell, Apple Korea? No wonder I can buy one off the Apple Korea website and get it by early next week.
Japan is even cheaper than Hong Kong this time. And Hong Kong has no VAT.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I’m super excited that Apple keeps launching iPhone X in more countries while I still wait for the two I ordered at 12:03 and 12:07 on launch day to arrive.

Reactions: B4U

dr34mc4st3r

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2009
Singapore

Except you need to live with the camera shutter sound in the JP model regardless if your phone is on silent mode or not ...

Reactions: DeepIn2U and B4U

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I thought, just as I would start mention, one would automatically start the search engine themselves before dropping an avid reply since, someone seldom gets to make a random conversation regarding from India and therefore wouldn't indulge without knowing and it would be inappropriate to say how to use the internet. Other than that, I myself is one of the customers and retail chains like iZenica is where you can directly make a phone call. How 'm I suppose to link a face to face conversation from distributors themselves, it's people that handle distribution not everything can be on the internet. Since, you mention the said lines, I take you not as a troll. You can also check, Amazon India & Flipkart, the online orders never started for anyone to confirm, they are in Pre-order status from day one. I come from Guwahati but our business is also at Delhi and there's no stock. There no notification when the next stock can be expected. Nothing. This is ridiculous. This is not the case anywhere across the world and everybody is aware, afterall it's the age of internet.

in response to your bold above the same logic could be applied to anyone posting on the internet to make a statement without facts as not to be perceived as baseless claim; for which you're being challenged by at least 2 above.

Avieshek

Suspended
Dec 7, 2013
India
in response to your bold above the same logic could be applied to anyone posting on the internet to make a statement without facts as not to be perceived as baseless claim; for which you're being challenged by at least 2 above.
Internet comes from the real world not vice versa. Apple related news are only based in America, the rest of the world doesn't live off from the internet. MacRumors, 9to5Mac, Apple Insider etc.
However, just this morning a relevant link did have come up which is also not local.
http://www.patentlyapple.com/patent...e-has-cut-back-on-their-iphone-x-margins.html

This only show, the situation in India is different from the rest of the world but at least it shows something in Internet. If you want proof, do your own homework like them. Providing proof to a random person doesn't change the situation here.

Last edited:

wesley96

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Except you need to live with the camera shutter sound in the JP model regardless if your phone is on silent mode or not ...
Fun fact: so does the Korean model! Korea and Japan are the only two countries that have this industry guideline. So really, it’s not a downgrade if you’re coming from Korea.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
Fun fact: so does the Korean model! Korea and Japan are the only two countries that have this industry guideline. So really, it’s not a downgrade if you’re coming from Korea.
I hear thet reason for why Japan has to implement that due to the ongoing issues with "Chikan", but is there the same issue with S. Korea?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.