iPhone X leather case very slippery

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by The Game 161, Nov 8, 2017.

1. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

not sure this is a practical case to protect your device when out and about. Very slippery in the hand and while it might be fine for at home or in the office I think a spigen case will be easier to handle when you are going to use a device out and about

2. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

Ta0jin

I had that case for my old 7+ and I had to return it cause it was like a bar of soap!

3. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

It needs to wear a little, collect oil from your hands and what not, and get that nice patina.

4. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Solution, enjoy a bucket of your favorite fried chicken while using your phone. I guarantee the leather case will end up with more grip.

5. Allyance macrumors regular

Allyance

I got the saddle brown, it is smooth, but wouldn't call it slippery. Had the silicone case for the 6s, held up well, little better grip.

6. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

Between this, and your username, I LOL'd.

7. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

8. ImBuz macrumors 6502

ImBuz

Mine seems top be much more slippery than the one I had one my 6--it was great
    this one for the X--not so much

9. Cryates, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017

Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

These things are definitely slick right out of the box, because they are new. Once they get the dirt, grime, oil etc they have fine grip.

10. SRLMJ23 Contributor

SRLMJ23

I like the silicone cases better. I bought an Apple silicone case (Blue Cobalt) for my iPhone X, got the case not the phone. Anyway, for my iPhone 7 Plus I have an Apple leather case, and an Apple silicone case and I rarely switch them. The leather case looks practically brand new, that is how little I use it. To each their own though.

:apple:

11. SaintsMac macrumors 6502a

This has been my experience as well.

12. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Gross! :D:eek:o_O

13. mrklaw macrumors 68020

Yeah my saddle brown is insanely slippery. Looks great when on, but it does seem to collect dust around the front lip..

14. quick-nik macrumors newbie

I ordered the midnight blue leather case last week. Very looking case, but super slippery compared to my 6s leather case. I decided to order the silicone one, which arrived today. But it is even more slippery than the leather. Can’t decide which one I should keep. I actually don’t want a 3rd party one.

15. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

once you start using the leather case, it will not be as slick.

16. cable0guy macrumors newbie

Unlike previous generations (7, 6, etc.), mine was way more slippery. Ended up returning it.

17. Boardiesboi macrumors 65816

Boardiesboi

Apple leather cases are always slippery when new.

Give it a week or so. With regular use, it becomes grippier and will age nicely.

18. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Why is this not appealing to me....:D

19. mrklaw macrumors 68020

I'll give it 13 calendar days so I still have the option to return it

20. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

...I have an Apple Leather case for my iPhone 8 Plus - ok, its not a X but its the same quality case and mine is not slippery at all.

I've only had it about a week (got the Cosmos Blue one) and it actually naturally grips my fingers, when I hold my phone. Perhaps it's the way you are holding your phone? I always see people holding their iPhones with a pinky finger underneath the home button area, in order to support the phone but I have to say, I have never held any of my iPhones in this way...!

I always hold the phone in my right hand, right side of phone rests in the crook of my thumb, with the right hand bottom corner of the phone, resting within the fleshy part (base of right thumb) of my hand. I then support the phone with ALL 4 fingers on the back of the phone - this is far more comfortable than having 3 fingers on the back and the pinky finger trying to support the phone from the bottom.

21. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Case feels nice after using it after a while. Rub some mink oil in it. IMO, it definitely gets more grip afterwhile vs a TPU case. Those get slippery once broken in.

22. urkel macrumors 68030

The Silicone cases do have more grip but one of my biggest reasons to go with Leather is the metal buttons. Whether its a garbage china-made $3 TPU case or a garbage China-made $40 Apple TPU case, having to press a button through a piece of rubber is annoying. Especially on the X which requires you to press that damn side button every time you want to turn on the phone.

I get leather every time and complain how slippery it feels. But metal buttons are important to me so I may have to stick a PopSocket on it. (I can't wait for the glares from people who see a $1300 phone in a $50 leather case with an ugly $3 toy glued on the back of it) :D

23. jlczl macrumors 6502

I’ve enjoyed leather cases on my iPhone’s in the past as well and I am considering one for my X even though right now I’m trialing several heavy duty type cases. By the way, I noticed you said you have to tap the power button all the time, why is that? You do know that you can just tap the screen and it’ll turn on? I haven’t really felt the need to use the power button at all since I really don’t use Siri.

24. markol macrumors member

You can turn on the phone by tapping on the screen......

25. ColdShadow macrumors 65816

ColdShadow

I had Apple leather case for 7 Plus and now for X and never felt they are slippery.