iPhone X iPhone X literally died

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 6daniels, Mar 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 6daniels macrumors member

I plugged my iPhone X to charge as usual before heading to bed and when I woke up the iPhone was no longer functional. I thought the battery was dead, but however it wasn't even showing the dead battery screen. I've tried plugging it in to iTunes but it's not even recognizing the iPhone. I've got an appointment set up at the genius bar but the earliest date available is for next week. Has this happened with anyone else?

2. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

Tin whiskers suck. Thems the breaks. You will probably get a new phone.

3. olivia_yaaasss macrumors newbie

Have you tried force restarting the phone?? On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

4. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

5. 6daniels thread starter macrumors member

Yes I've tried that, the phone is completely unresponsive.

6. olivia_yaaasss macrumors newbie

That sucks. You should try for a walk in appointment. I don’t know what your location is like, but if you go in first thing when they open, you should get helped pretty fast. Good luck.

7. Ian.C macrumors regular

just walk in a wait for an appointment, show them the phone and they will push you up the queue.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

9. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Best for a walk in appointment are usually right when the store opens.

10. 6daniels thread starter macrumors member

My iPhone X ended up turning on by itself last night. Everything seems to be working fine, but at this point I feel like my phone is unreliable as it was not functioning for the past 3 days. What are my chances of getting a replacement?

11. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

I wouldn’t be waiting until next week. Go to the Apple store and get a replacement, they are obligated to serve you immediately in this case.

12. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If Apple can replicate and verify your phone is not damaged due to your own actions, they do carry replacement devices in store where they can issue a warranty device.

13. 960design macrumors 68030

Crazy idea?
    Wifi turned off, could not communicate with Apple server after iOS update ( possibly automatically ), then battery less than 50%. iOS safety would not allow springboard until power was brought up to at least 50% and plugged in.

We can see via console what your device is reporting the moment it is plugged in. I have only seen a handful of devices not capable of console reporting in the thousands I have touched.

No console = water damage sensor inspection. If OK then replacement.