Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I would wait. Thats what I'm going to do. The X is a 1st Gen device. There is no way I would jump on that, but that's just me.

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
TX
I ended up going and buying one today. I had a iPhone 7 that I traded in at the apple store. Got $275 for it which seemed fair. I didn’t really need a new phone or anything. Anyways that all said I am really happy with it. I knew the reality was I wouldn’t be waiting till October or November, so figured I would just get one now.

I also don’t have any interest in the plus model.

Reactions: MarkX

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2018
I ended up going and buying one today. I had a iPhone 7 that I traded in at the apple store. Got $275 for it which seemed fair. I didn’t really need a new phone or anything. Anyways that all said I am really happy with it. I knew the reality was I wouldn’t be waiting till October or November, so figured I would just get one now.

I also don’t have any interest in the plus model.

Congrats to you too. :)

The new 11 won’t be any larger or smaller size, maybe lighter. The display is confirmed to be the same Samsung OLED we learned this week.

If any thing 11 will have A12chip, better facial recognition perhaps, and things like that. It will be the ‘tock’ To the X’s ‘tick’ in incremental upgrade.

Any change to UI on 11 will happen to X as well anyway so the OS is the same. So getting an X now if you’re in need of a phone now, it’s a safe bet.

Asks me two - three months from the new 11 release (again, unless your phones dies prior to then), I’ll tell you a different opinion.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I belive the 7/7+ were strong sellers this year due to price cut and better perceived value vs the 2018 models.

Agreed. And the iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 are vastly similar. The iPhone 7 only lacks a few significant differences with the glass backing, wireless charging and camera upgrades, but the 7 Is still plenty capable of a phone for a cheaper price point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.