iPhone X iPhone X Screen Died - Genius Bar Shipping To Cali

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by surfologist87, Jan 12, 2018.

1. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

I would say to send an email to tcook@apple.com.

I had a very bad experience and got a call from customer relations after doing that.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Curious to know exactly what did they repair? If you have any more issues, then by all means I would seek a replacement device from them on the issue.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Does not mater if it is a $5k phone, you are not “entitled” to a replacement after the return period.

Apple tired of the antics of some of it users and has changed its polices.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 14, 2018 ---
    Apple did this “good customer service” thing for a long time, but found some of the users were taking advantage so they changed their policy. Like it or not, it is what Apple does now. Everyone has the right to walk away not buy from Apple. If you do you have to follow their rules, it is all in the fine print.

4. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

Apple's customer service is definitely going downhill. They did the same thing with my wife's iPad last year and they're refusing to replace my smart battery case that is falling apart.

5. AndyMacAndMic, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018

AndyMacAndMic macrumors 6502

AndyMacAndMic

So you actually admit that Apple's Customer Service is going down in quality because the antics of some of it's users.
    Still the prices of the phones are going up? Wasn't the whole point of Apple product's premium prices a premium customer service and a premium user experience? Even you can't deny that. If this isn't the case anymore what is the added value of buying an Apple product? (And yes I know I don't have to buy an Apple product, but that has nothing to do with the topic).

And that makes it right?

6. DaveyVigs macrumors regular

DaveyVigs

Wow that is crazy. Sorry to hear that OP. Hope you had a backup or that you get your phone back sooner. Perhaps the issue was so different and not seen before by initial testing that they needed more time and expertise to diagnose and log the defect/fix into the system should other users have that issue.

I am usually very calm and would have probably asked nicely for a replacement. I may have caused a scene if they didn’t comply and ask for my iPhone to be returned to me and I’d go try a different Apple store.

To those who say what if no other X on stock for a swap I’m sure the Apple store Apple has other phones to let someone use they could have loaned (even one of the display X models). I’d an iPhone SE loaner would have helped the OP. Even car dealerships offer loaners when service would put someone out of their busy schedule.

That all said if their policy has changed to whatever this mess is, then I will use my 7+ until it dies and switch to Android.

7. Phone Junky, Jan 14, 2018

Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

Thanks for enlightening me on the “new” Apple. I’ve only had 2 issues with all of my iPhones dating back to the original. Took those to the Apple store where they were diagnosed and replaced on the spot. The last issue was 3 years ago.
    It’s part of the reason I pay the Apple “tax” and buy their products. If I should have any problem with my $1000 phone and get the same type of service at the Apple store as the OP, it will have a huge impact on my future purchases.
    How silly of me to not understand that with price increases comes a decreased level of service.

8. Seth Matthews macrumors 6502

Seth Matthews

Wrong. Apple still does this...this particular store is the culprit. I have two Apple Stores near me that still provide outstanding customer service and this what not have happened there. I've used them recently and know this to be true. You can say Apple has changed all you want, but that doesn't make it true. A few rouge stores does not prove anything other than poor mangment at that particular location. What fine print are you referring to? Show me fine print that says they will take your phone and sip it off and not give you a replacement.

9. Xgm541 macrumors 65816

Couldn't there be some sort of liability on Apple's part if the OP was left without a phone and needed to contact emergency services but wasn't able to due to Apple taking his device? I get people arent entitled to replacements or loaners on items like a Macbook, but if this device is the OP's only communication device, the "entitlement" should be different. I do think they should have offered either an instant replacement, a loaner (even if it's a different or older model) or if they really didn't have the model in stock, contact a nearby apple store and have it delivered the same day.

10. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

No. Not unless they seize his phone against his will or without his knowledge.

11. Relentless Power, Jan 14, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Specifically, what did Apple change in "its Policies" and how do you know that they changed their policies? Because if they did, why isn't every store following the same practices?

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I agree that stores still do it but it is as a favor from that store and not Apple policy.
    The “Apple Tax” does not entitle you to replacements after the return period. Things have changed and Apple repairs when possible instead of automatically tossing you a replacement.
    All I admit is that Apple no longer automatically give you another device, they tend to repair now. It is their right to do either. People are not “entitled” to a repl@cement after the return period.

13. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

My experience in the past is on the spot replacement which is part of my reason to buy Apple. Like I said, if this isn't the case now, there is no reason to pay the Apple tax for the service that is no longer there.

14. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

When they had to ship my iPhone 6 Plus off to the Depot a few years ago because they could not swap out the broken display use to the in store calibration machine being broken, they gave me a new but low gig loaner to use for a week. Do the stores no longer offer loaner phones anymore? That was such a great convenience because back then I had no spare phones, well none that worked properly.

15. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's rare if they do offer loaner phones anymore. Mainly because of accidental damage, the iPhone being 'lost' and with iCloud settings, etc. Each Store might be on a case-by-case basis though.

In Most cases, if your phone is defective, Apple typically can replace it right there in the store with a warranty device or if it's repairable, they obviously can repair the display, which is the most common issue with phones aside from the battery.