iPhone X Silver Color

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ArkieBiker, Oct 5, 2017.

1. ArkieBiker macrumors regular

ArkieBiker

Just curious...if there's a huge influx of SPACE GRAY orders, then maybe it'll be a little easier to get a SILVER iPhone X.

So my question is that I always use a cover...one that is not clear (actually it's a wooden one from Carved.com)...so if you have an opaque cover, isn't the color of the phone kind of a moot point, or will some portion of the SILVER show?

2. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

Based on some photos I’ve seen of the silver phone, the Apple logo edges are bleeding and creating almost a halo because of the glass which concerns me personally.
    But! You’re right. The silver may be easier to come by!

3. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

4. AceFernalld macrumors 68000

AceFernalld

My thoughts: most anyone who would normally go for a Silver or Gold or Rose Gold option will go for the Silver, so it will be the more popular of the two.

Plus it’s absolutely stunning. (But yes that Space Grey is sleek too.)

5. bpeeps macrumors 68030

bpeeps

Nope. Black is the best color. Everyone needs to go for the black/space gray. The white/silver will have production issues like the white iPhone 4. It will scratch easier. It will have the chip that underperforms. The aluminum banding will bend. You're 100% better off sticking with the space gray option.

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I don't like the chrome edges on the silver at all. Then again, my X would be in a case.

7. pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts

I have yet to find a silver one in stores. Been to 3 places. They only have 8's in SG and Gold out to look at. I want to see it :(

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think one complaint will be the scratching that will go along the stainless edges. I expect that to be something discussed on here heavily.

9. infinitejest macrumors 6502

infinitejest

Sorry, I have nothing to contribute to the discussion, I just wanna say that these carved.com cases look beautiful!
    Never heard of them before, but now I really think about getting one for my new iPhone.
    Which one do you have and are you happy with it?

10. Bane-Thunder macrumors 6502

Its glorious! I'll be buying Silver 256gb :)

11. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

Zune55

I really like the silver x and i guess most ppl will buy silver. I recommend you to use to silicon case because other case may make iphone x scratchy.

12. x-evil-x macrumors 601

x-evil-x

whats the difference between a stainless Apple Watch?
    The space black you cant polish out scratches in the stainless steel.
    I see the uncoated stainless for the silver being better durability wise because you can polish out most small scratches in normal stainless color. The black you cannot.

13. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Past logic would tell you the black would be harder to get, but with the 8/8+ the silver 256gb were the first models to see ship times slip. I think the silver having the same front as the black will push a lot of people to silver. Personally after seeing the 8/8+ in stores, I thought the silver looked much better. The black is very “milky” looking in person.

14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

With the regular 316 L stainless Apple Watch, you can buff out the scratches with a Cape cod cloth. So perhaps they can be buffed out as well with the iPhone X. The only downside, is it might be a little bit more difficult with the stainless edges going around the iPhone, but it will likely remove them.

15. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

Both look awesome, but my feeling is that more people buy Space Grey models so they will make more of them. Space Grey 64GB is likely the configuration they produce the most of. Making it the model you are more likely to get in your hand.

16. x-evil-x macrumors 601

x-evil-x

was there a poll going for the colors people prefer for the X?
    Id imagine the light color would be most popular now that it has a black front.
    Ive been waiting for a black front light back phone for a while now. I was never fond of the white front faced phones.

17. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I am sure there was one going. I am drawn to the silver and definitely thought that was the direction I would go with a black front (silver back and black front is a great combo to me), but I am mostly just thinking which one will they make the most of. It's going right in a case so the color doesn't matter that much to me ultimately.

18. x-evil-x macrumors 601

x-evil-x

id try finding the 8 and 8+ color sales but still they dont have a black front with no bezels like the x. the silver just looks more clean with the black front. Will hide fingerprints and smudges better and have the black front. Id imagine everyone would want this.
    First iPhone since the first one that has this color combo.

19. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

Maybe I'll order both and just see which ones dates slip and cancel haha

20. zhandri, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

zhandri Suspended

i doubt silver would be easier to get. especially if they shift production to their current sale numbers meaning they would produce way more black than white iphone X. and with the increasing number of people on here that actually want the white phone, that one might actually be harder to get. nobody will know until we see shipping dates slip

21. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

The trend has changed. Silver is the most sought color for iPhone X based on MacRumor forums. Please research it here.

22. Damon2 macrumors regular

Shame it doesn't look like that in real life.

The render looks a lot better

23. Bane-Thunder macrumors 6502

It looks amazing in real life. You must have sight problems. The hands on vids look better than any renders to me. I couldn't believe how slick it looks when i watched all the hands on videos for the Silver version.

24. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

Agreed. Both phones look really nice in person. I'd say silver slightly better but I'll go with space grey.

25. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

If you buy silver either man or women can be use witj color
    space grey fit likely man more than women o_O