Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

SlashLeaks posts an image that is alleged to be iPhone XI and XI Max molds for 3rd party case production.

iphone-xi-and-xi-max-molds-800x600.jpg

These physical molds are presumably produced by case manufacturers based on leaked schematics to test early cases for the upcoming 2019 iPhones.

The front design is also shown on a Weibo post which may have been the original source for the images:

005GjHZwly1g29gp980idj30qo0k0goo-800x600.jpg

The square grouping of the triple-camera is consistent with other rumors and images that have leaked from the supply chain regarding Apple's upcoming iPhones.

Article Link: Alleged iPhone XI and XI Max Molds Show Triple Camera Layout

Reactions: nawnp

supertiffany

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2019
when are the notch getting smaller? some people like to flash they have the newest fone so won't be bothered buying this one since it just looks like the 2-3 years older phone: iPHONE X

that rear camera is ugly

no usb c despite their MacBook and iPad having USB C

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
I like the iPhone 6 design. So much so that I bought one on release year and kept it all the way until I bought my iPhone X.

Get over it...I guess.
exactly, people love to complain online,like you, but in real life they buy these devices
"This is not Apple design" started with iphone 5 two tone colour
People still use it even if after 4-5 years they are proven wrong, and this is Apple design
So stop complain and buy, you know you will get over it

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Is it just me or would the ugliness of this (or any potential square camera bump) be significantly reduced if the camera was flush as it was on pre-6 iPhones?
There are definitely alternatives to a camera bump, but like most of their customers Apple’s ok with it. Like the notch, form follows function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.