Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
when are the notch getting smaller? some people like to flash they have the newest fone so won't be bothered buying this one since it just looks like the 2-3 years older phone: iPHONE X

that rear camera is ugly

no usb c despite their MacBook and iPad having USB C
People keep their iPhones 3-4 years nowadays... I guess flashy people will have to flash the back of their phone.

btw well over a billion people have Lightning on iPhones/iPads/AirPods. USB-C MacBook Pro and iPad Pro are less than 50 million. So I don’t see Apple changing the connector to make 1 in 20 people happy, while 19 out of 20 would be worse off.

Romeo_Nightfall

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2018
Vienna
Sure you don’t know even what you’re talking about but already decided to pass. Luckily there are tech users too who loves all the new features and performance improvements we get every year

Features?
Performance improvements / with an os that runs on an iphone 7 smootly and fast

Please explain “tech enthusiast” - what exactly are You getting with every iphone iteration / imho You are getting features which the last phone should already have had!

I see You getting new screen sizes which developers need to adopt their apps - which takes often months, haha

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
I'm more interested in the body design, and if it will remain the same as the X with the glass sandwiched between stainless steel.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
These are ugly as hell but I’m comforted by the fact that they are definitely not real. Look at the placement of the Apple logo and the iPhone name. Besides, case molds won’t have neither the Apple logo nor the name.

iphone-xi-and-xi-max-molds-800x600.jpg

The next iPhone may end up having three cameras in this configuration but these molds are faker than fake.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Apple is really falling behind in design
How can you make that statement based on something that we don’t even know is legit and if it is looks like some chassis mold for a CNC machine? It’s not like this is what the back of the phone will look like. Good grief.
[doublepost=1555783806][/doublepost]
Yup, that's why I skipped the iPhone 7 and then ultimately went to an s8, then note 8, now s10+ . Makes iPhones look like well, dated
Why? Because the iPhone doesn’t have useless curved edges?

AshtonTS

macrumors member
May 28, 2012
exactly, people love to complain online,like you, but in real life they buy these devices
"This is not Apple design" started with iphone 5 two tone colour
People still use it even if after 4-5 years they are proven wrong, and this is Apple design
So stop complain and buy, you know you will get over it

You must have forgotten the iPhone 4's "un-apple" antenna notches in the steel frame.

According to the internet, what has apple designed that actually is "Apple-like"?

That being said, I despise how that camera hump looks. And the notch; you'd think they could shrink it after two years.

Reactions: PaladinGuy

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
These are ugly as hell but I’m comforted by the fact that they are definitely not real. Look at the placement of the Apple logo and the iPhone name. Besides, case molds won’t have neither the Apple logo nor the name.

iphone-xi-and-xi-max-molds-800x600.jpg

The next iPhone may end up having three cameras in this configuration but these molds are faker than fake.
Wouldn’t rule them out on the basis of an Apple logo being present as it did appear in the later version of the molds last year. Actually wouldn’t be surprised to see it move down given the camera array proximity. Perhaps the two molds are at different iterations of the design process given the difference in logo placement

Reactions: noreply

rafark

macrumors 68000
Sep 1, 2017
I'm confident this is not the final design, my bet is this is apple's move trying to trick the media as a way to tackle down leaks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.