iPhone XR iphone xr v xperia xz3 v samsung s9

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dawesie1, Oct 30, 2018.

1. davedvdy macrumors 6502a

Samsung slows their devices too, or they end up that way.
    One guy tried and bought multiple Note 8's and they all lagged.

At least with Apple you can turn the throttling setting off now.
    With Samsung, I don't even think it's an option, unless someone knows differently.

2. mib1800 Suspended

This is not true. You are just speculating. Samsung has to post its source code to public unlike apple which hides them from scrutiny.

3. naturalguy macrumors regular

I don't think it's purposeful throttling with Samsung, it's their software that makes it lag.

4. davedvdy macrumors 6502a

My response to both of you about Samsung is the same. It doesn't matter the reason since the devices slow down anyway.

At least there's an option not to slow the devices down with Apple now due to all the complaints and class action lawsuit filed.

5. mib1800 Suspended

I have a s8+ which I have been using for over a year. It didn't slow down.

The problem is apple has been caught doing it after they have vehemently denied it fir years. It is premeditated.

6. davedvdy macrumors 6502a

Complete conspiracy theory regardless. People wanted more control over the phones. Apple likes to take control for many reasons (some good and some bad). There are valid reasons to slow the phone down. My Macbook Pro for
    example sometimes shuts off at 65% power, despite me keeping it calibrated, cause it's 3 yrs old for example.

Main point: You're still backpedaling from your initial point about current throttling this whole time.
    Customers have complete control of the throttling in their battery settings, currently,
    unlike what you suggested in your news article. This fact, which I sited mentioned in the article you brought here.