iPhone XS Max iPhone XS Max Keeps waking while wirelessly charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by parasky, Oct 2, 2018.

1. parasky macrumors newbie

When I'm sitting at my desk and wirelessly charging my iPhone Xs Max, it repeatedly wakes up, beeps and unlocks. It's driving me crazy. Does anybody know whats going on? I can't tell if it is losing the charging connection and then reaquiring it or something like that?

Thanks

2. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Is your phone fully charged when it does this? I notice this on mine but only after it's fully charged. The first time fully charged didn't do this but the next time I fully charged it and it does it, I've even gone as far as returning it and getting a brand new retail box and still does it. I think it's a software bug? I have another XS Max that is on iUP that I use for ios beta testing and doesn't do this on 12.1 so I'm thinking it is software issue.

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

What charger are you using? I use an older model Samsung charging puck and didn’t see that behavior when I was charging my Max. I don’t have my Max anymore so I don’t know if any very recent updates or betas change anything.

4. parasky thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, the phone is fully charged when this happens. I'm using the Anker Powerwave 7.5.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 601

That is the same exact one I'm using as well.

6. parasky thread starter macrumors newbie

So do you think it's just the charger?

7. Shadowbech, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018

Shadowbech macrumors 601

No I don't think it's the charger. the one on iUP and is on ios 12.1 beta doesn't have this issue. I think it's a software bug.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2018 ---
    Also, I don't think it's just the charging pad issue. I also get this exact issue happens when charging via lightning cable as well so clearly it's a software bug. Apparently my Watch S4 on 5.0.1 is doing this too.

Edit: Also on front page and is confirmed that 12.1 fixed the charging issue. https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...os-12-iphone-and-ipad-charging-issue.2145028/