iPhone XS Max iPhone Xs Max, what after a week?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iApPel, Sep 28, 2018.

?

Are you happy with the Xs Max and do you keep it?

1. Yes

181 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. iApPel macrumors member

iApPel

Hi all!

After pre-ordering the Xs Max with delivery 21th sept, I still cannot decide between the Xs and the Max.
    I really love the big screen of the 6.5" Max and I love the form factor of the Xs 5.8". But when I pickup a Xs, it suddenly seems so small after I have used the Max. What would you do? See also the poll, thank you.

2. chino303 macrumors regular

chino303

The Xs Max is just a + model with a bigger screen, so it's just perfect for me. No complains whatsoever.

ps, I know that hardware differences, don't bite me. I'm just talking about form factor (sizing)

3. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

Love it, getting more and more used to the size every day. Screen has been great, better speeds all around, camera is a bigger improvement than I thought, and battery life went up by about an hour.

4. Devyn89 macrumors regular

Devyn89

It’s a mixed bag for personally. I do t think I realized how much I value the smaller size of the X. The Max is great for watching video but doesn’t fit well in my pocket. I’m keeping the Max for another number of days to see of I change my mind.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 601

TBH after having it for a week. I'm glad that I went from X to XS Max. Could not be happier.

6. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

Upgraded from a X to a XS Max. Love it so much.

7. chz macrumors newbie

I upgraded from X to Xs Max and I love it. The Max is just better for me in every way, which is high praise, given that the X was the best phone I've ever had.

8. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Upgraded from an X to the Max and love it. The screen is awesome. I hated the wasted space at the top and bottom of the older phones.

9. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I wonder for those that got the Max under iUP did it because they wanted the screen size, or did it because it was a few more dollars per month.

10. iApPel thread starter macrumors member

iApPel

I did not get the Max under iUP but for those who did I think maybe both options(?)

11. Sugadaddy macrumors regular

Terrible WiFi reception and average LTE reception in my case.

Everything else is perfect, but unless a software update improves things before my 2 week return window, I’ll be sending it back.

12. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I was okay with the bigger screen size, but I also wanted more RAM, better Face ID 2, better camera, better battery, and better LTE speeds. For only $4 more a month, it was an easy call.

13. cc00lltt00nn macrumors regular

cc00lltt00nn

You know what they say about people with big hands...they prefer the iPhone Xs Maxxx. itgoodwillkeep

14. iApPel thread starter macrumors member

iApPel

New 'everything you love just got bigger' campaign from Apple

15. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Freakin awesome, I love it. I just found out that you can zoom in accessibility settings, coupled with slightly larger font this phone is awesome for my crappy eyes. I'm a bit concerned about the reception issues though, hopefully they get resolved in a software update.

16. Pipper99, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018

Pipper99 macrumors 68020

Pipper99

The Max is what I've wanted for the past year. The X was great, but I wanted that edge to edge screen in the Plus size. The Max fits well in my hand, pants pocket (dress slacks, jeans, shorts, whatever), and shirt pocket. I see a lot of complaints about not being able to use the Max one-handed, but I remember that being a big complaint about the X last year, too. Did people find that they could use the X one-handed, or are they forgetting that they mostly used it with 2 hands? Anyway, the X was mostly a 2-hand device for me, so there was no big adjustment moving to the Max for me.

I've missed the Plus sized phones for the past year, and I'm glad to be back!

17. mquinn macrumors member

mquinn

18. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Could not pry my MAX out of my cold dead hands. Everything I thought it could be and more.

19. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22

The Max is perfection for me. I had Plus model phones and loved the bigger size. The X was an awesome phone, but I missed the larger size, so it's even more awesome for me in the Max size.

20. bhodinut macrumors member

bhodinut

I upgraded from an X . Amazing screen, sound, and fast. The creaking and popping drove me nuts. After three replacements (same batch in the store) I decided to give up and buy an Xs. I had already sold my X. My bad luck. Maybe next year.

21. i-Liam macrumors member

i-Liam

The screen size and battery life is amazing. I just wish it didn’t weigh as much as it does, but I can live with it. Media consumption is superb on the max.

22. cardfan macrumors 68000

I went back to X after proclaiming how the max wasn’t working out. That lasted a day at most. But that decided it for me. The XS Max is a keeper.

23. FFR macrumors 601

FFR

24. cardfan macrumors 68000

4 more per month plus another 600 that you could’ve sold an iPhone X for later. No problems upgrading but it costs more than the ones in “programs” think.

25. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I am not sure what your point is. I am on an upgrade plan. I paid $492 for my X over the last 12 months, I'll pay $540 for the next 12 months with my Max.