iPhone Yellow Screen Issue Fix!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by computermilk, Jul 11, 2008.

1. computermilk macrumors 6502

Someone please sticky this or something, I had to make this post outside of that Larger Yellow Screen thread because I dont think anyone is Actually discussing the solution.

Here is the solution, pretty easy, Just might take a little bit depending on how big your iphone Data (music and vids etc etc) is.

Ok So! you're getting the Yellow Hint? I was as well.

I compared them both side by side, and mine was in fact more yellow then the original. Go to your Settings and you will notice that your firmware will be (5A345)

Just plug in your iphone to Itunes, then Run the "RESTORE" and it will update to the newer firmware (5A347)

When i got back in, the yellow Hew, Hint or whatever you want to call it, was gone.

Hope this helps all.

Please dont make this a 20 page thread with other things in it. I just wanted to PASTE the solution in here.

2. kovalchuk71 macrumors 6502

Nice find. Itunes is running an iphone software update like you said! I wonder if Apple heard about this and fixed it? I really dont care about the "yellow" (not even sure if I have it), but if it will make it go away or make the screen look better, why not give it a shot? I have nothing to lose. Plus its a phone update. Just an FYI for everyone, the update will take anywhere from 25-30 mintues.

3. computermilk thread starter macrumors 6502

Running the update might fix other problems we don't know about anyway.

I already had 2.0 on my phone Obviously but it was (5A345) from the store.

Running the restore in Itunes Downloaded another 2.0 version, i noticed it Queing up in "Downloads" after that it updated my iphone and my Screen is not a Yellow Hint anymore.

=)

4. computermilk thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah plus, i had everything backed up, so i restored my music and vids after wards which took some more time.. =) No biggy...

5. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

gunna give the update a try i tool some pics pre update ill take some more after the update.

ok...that was weird...i saw itunes downloading the update and it completed now i cant contact the update server -_-'

6. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

Great to hear this worked for you.

I can say that it absolutely did not work for me. I have two iPhone 3Gs to compare. One of them is yellow, the other isn't. Restoring both of them did nothing whatsoever.

7. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Worked for me Thanks!

8. CyberGreg macrumors regular

Did you happen to verify the OS version on both iPhone's?
    :cool:

9. Sumtime19 macrumors member

10. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Sticky this please!

11. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

Indeed I did. Both 5A345 before, both 5A347 after.

This phone is going back anyways. It must have been made on a Friday. The vibrate switch doesn't even click in one direction and requires a ridiculous amount of force to actuate, in addition to the bonus scratches all around the chrome that came right out of the box. Thx apple!

12. Smog macrumors regular

not worked for me after 2 full restores. is an apple shop visit awaiting me?

13. mbaran macrumors regular

how do you verify the os build on 2.0?

nvm.. about

14. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

hmmm thats weird.... the previous version seemed a little less yellow than the new version:

judge for yourself
    5A345 version then followed by 5A347 version

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

That said though i really can't tell the difference and it doesn't really bother me.

*edit* after seeing em posted up like this i guess the new build is a little less yellow...what do u all think? I cant really tell i tried my best to take the same exact picture both times

15. spinstorm macrumors 65816

It didn't fix my problem BUT what it did do was update my OS so hopefully its more stable than before.

I will be returning my phone but only when the stock levels are high enough that I don't waste a 2 hour trip to Apple in London!

In the meantime I am very happy with the features on the phone!

16. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

17. Sherb macrumors member

18. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502a

19. iMacUser324 macrumors regular

iMacUser324

20. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

it doesnt bother me. I just updated for the heck of updating. lol :D

21. iMacUser324 macrumors regular

iMacUser324

No, I mean the yellow tint. Apple more than likely did it purposely, its really not a big deal. But w/e Its not my choice if you guys return it or not, I am happy with my iPhone.

22. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

nah the yellow tint/color temp doesntbother me i'm happy with my phone

23. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Shut Off Auto Brightness

Seems to help the cause.

24. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

It would definitely bother me, because every time you see a light screen, you'll notice the yellowish whites. I have the same problem with the two Sony TZs I own. I was going to take the second one for myself, but because the screen is so yellow, I decided to sell it instead. So easy to notice! :mad:

And like I posted elsewhere, I had two iPhones last year and I could tell one was more yellow than the other. :eek:

25. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

My friend tells me the yellow tint (on a low setting) should bring a warmer style. and your eyes should adjust. Also, its better for your eyes.