iPhone4 availability in US

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hazedragon45, Aug 6, 2010.

1. hazedragon45 macrumors regular

Just wondering what is it like? if you want an iphone tomorrow do you have to wait? is it back ordered? are there still line ups? (I live in Canada)

2. cfernandes macrumors regular

cfernandes

Most stores in my area (NYC, Metropolitan area) are completely out of walk in stock. Wait time at my 3 local Apple stores (Greenwich, Stamford, Danbury) are all over a month.

3. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

They are availiable all over the greater Houston area...mostly at Radio Shacks

4. MCRunning macrumors 6502

5. toss002 macrumors regular

I had almost given up hope, until last week I gave it a chance by calling an Apple store on my way home from work (driving on the FWY)...and then--booom!!!

However, I had to still wait in a 'little' short line...still (over a month later since launch)... That was lame, but I got what I wanted.:)

BTW, I'm in SoCal.

6. wwjbd24 macrumors member

yea they're mostly sold out, so i had to call in each day and find out (I disguised my voice and stuff so they wouldnt get mad at me:D )

so you probably could walk in, but it all depends on store location and such

7. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

i went to the local best buy at 10pm and all they had was 4 32gb. i bought one, 10 min later 2 people came in and bought some....i was lucky. i had to pay full price, i am going back today and signing up for service to get my 450 back! anyway to waive the activation fee?

8. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

Haven't you heard? The iPhone 4 has major antenna issues and no one is buying them. People are staying away. ;)

9. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

I went into an AT&T corporate store and ordered two 32GB iPhone 4's today (new contract). Estimated wait time is a few days. The estimated wait time for 16GB models was one to two weeks.

Non-Premier BTW.

10. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I called my local Apple store three days in a row, and by the third day, they had stock so I went and picked one up. They don't take reservations or preorders it's first come first served. Radio Shack is a joke. I put my name on a waiting list on June 15 and to this date, they have not received one phone. Total joke.

11. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

I just bought one in Danbury today, walk in. They usually run out of stock by noon, but get them in daily

12. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Ordered mine (16 GB) from AT&T (premier) on the 11th and just received notification it shipped and will be here on the 17th. Not too bad. :)