(iPhone4)Getting a clear back, want to remove the EMI shield. Will it hurt?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Munky, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Munky macrumors 6502

2. Chris.A macrumors newbie

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

It must be there for a reason, otherwise they wouldn't put it in there. This is Apple, you have to remember.

4. TheAverageJoe macrumors newbie

Contemplating the same. Subscribed. Plz post pics of safe shield removal and comment on fit/finish/ease of install. Thanks.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It's up to you on whether you want to remove it or not. I don't think anything will happen, but if something happen, hopefully you have warranty and know how to put the phone back together.

6. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

I have this back and like it, except for the fact that it's SLIGHTLY thicker than original. I was wondering the same thing about the sheilding though. How easy is it to get off and put back on. Obviously the back is extremely easy but curious about the shielding...

7. emodro macrumors newbie

Your wifi connection will be limited to a few feet from the router without the shield as the top long screw is what makes contact with the antenna, there is a golden tip you can see near the hole of the long screw that needs to make contact with the upper edge, try it with a screw driver or paper click to see the difference in wifi signal.